Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4512
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an Hp Envy 4512 I'm trying to connect to my laptop, been through the software, configurations everything and it's still listed as not connected. when I try to connect it asked for my wps, but everytime I enter it, the computer states that the printer stopped waiting for me. (really hurt my feelings to be stood up by my own printer). Anyway, I went online and downloaded the software from here to test and fix, and it ran through the program and even connected at the end to the printer to print one of those test pages with the easter colors and lines. So I was like yes! untill I went to print something of my own and bam, not connect. went through the scanning for printer, scanning for computer, hit connect and that wps poped up again, put the number in, and the same the printer had stopped waiting. So what do I do? is there a way to turn the wps off of the printer? I have uninstalled and re installed, set back to default and run countless problem shooter software. Is my printer just so busy he cant wait the 2minutets for me to return to call before running off? ANYONE please help, because I am beyond frustrated. I am working with windows 10, on a pretty new dell inspiron 15 5000 Series. if you need anymore information or have any ideas please reply.

Thank you so much, and sorry to keep you "waiting"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Community,

☑️In this video, you will see how to find the WPS PIN for your HP printer. You will be prompted to enter this PIN on your computer when setting up your HP Printer on the wireless network using Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)

☑️Find information here: An 'Enter WPS PIN' message displays during HP printer setup 

Agatha
I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended
Forget WPS. Just use the Wireless Setup Wizard from the front panel. Info is in the User Guide.
HP Recommended

Hello Community,

☑️In this video, you will see how to find the WPS PIN for your HP printer. You will be prompted to enter this PIN on your computer when setting up your HP Printer on the wireless network using Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)

☑️Find information here: An 'Enter WPS PIN' message displays during HP printer setup 

Agatha
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.