Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro M1212nf Multifunction Printer
macOS 12.0 Monterey

I have an old B/W laserjet  M1212nf MFP working perfectly with a Win 10 PC through a wired network. Using my new MAC Mini M1 it prints nicely, but there's no way to make a scan.  I've tried installing HP smart and the m1212 is seen by the app through the network and correctly identified, but the driver downloaded from HP Site seem to work with MAC OS 12.0 but not with higher releases (mine is 12.4) so no way to install it.  HP Smart says cannot scan from this printer .... Will a driver suitable with my OS version  be released? Any suggestion?

Thank in advance for any help

Mauro

Mauro59_0-1655820570174.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello ShlomiL and thank you very much for your help. Definitely progresses were made, after the process you suggested now the scanner can be seen by my MAC and  - after some initial hesitation - it actually scanned the piece of paper I put in. It was a green evenlope I received on which I scribbled coupla words. Funny thing is that when I scanned as a JPG it came out as it actually is  ...

Mauro59_0-1655902602022.png

... while when I scanned as a pdf it came out this way ... with the color screwed up. There should be an explanation for sure, butti's not my primary concern  important part is I can use my scan with Mac, so Thank You very much again.

Ciao 

Mauro

Mauro59_1-1655902667568.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try following the Resolution section below, I believe this should help:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-Knowledge-Base/Having-problems-installing-older-HP-Printers-o...

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hello ShlomiL and thank you very much for your help. Definitely progresses were made, after the process you suggested now the scanner can be seen by my MAC and  - after some initial hesitation - it actually scanned the piece of paper I put in. It was a green evenlope I received on which I scribbled coupla words. Funny thing is that when I scanned as a JPG it came out as it actually is  ...

Mauro59_0-1655902602022.png

... while when I scanned as a pdf it came out this way ... with the color screwed up. There should be an explanation for sure, butti's not my primary concern  important part is I can use my scan with Mac, so Thank You very much again.

Ciao 

Mauro

Mauro59_1-1655902667568.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.