Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8710
Microsoft Windows 11

After Windows 11 installation, the computer couldn't find my printer. After I rebooted the computer, all seemed fine. Using Excel in MicroSoft Office, I printed a spreadsheet that had some color in it. It printed fine. I decided to print another copy and it printed in black and white. I went thru the diagnostics on the OfficeJet Pro 8710 and found nothing to fix the problem. Test pages on the printer came out in color so I printed the spreadsheet again - sadly, once again in black and white. As a last resort, I completely deleted the printer, the HP APP and all HP components and reinstalled. Just after install, I printed the spreadsheet again and it did, in fact come out in color. When I immediately printed the exact same spreadsheet, it was back to black and white again. I deleted the printer from the computer again along with all HP data. Reinstalled the printer and printed the same spreadsheet and it came out in color. I printed it a second time and it's in black and white. I opened a Microsoft Word document with a color picture embedded in it. It too, printed in black and white. Don't know where to go next with this mess.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi@DennyAllen,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Reinstall the printer application and that should fix the issue.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

I've already stopped all HP processes on the machine, deleted the HP APP, gone into the directory and deleted all data files and rebooted the computer, then reinstalled the HP which loads the drivers - 3 SEPARATE TIMES and its the same thing. The first time I print, it prints in color. All subsequent times its all in black and white. 

HP Recommended

@DennyAllen,

I understand that need to know that print black and white print will the color cartridge is also used.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Request you to follow the below troubleshooting steps from the document fix:-

Print a Print Quality Diagnostic report

Keep me posted. Happy to help!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

Went thru all the steps in the Print Quality Diagnostic report. That didn't correct the issue.

HP Recommended

Hi@DennyAllen,

`We have done the basic troubleshooting I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your Printer or HP Chat Support Team.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.