Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ProBook 4530s HP
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

Hola a todos mucho gusto, 
tengo una HP PROBOOK 4530s 
tenia windows 7 pro y no funcionaba el lector dactilar y la camara pero instale los drivers y ya funcionaba todo bien,
Luego se me ocurrio actualizar a windows 8.1 PRO pero ahora ya no me reconoce el lector dactilar,

ya instale ProtecTools pero no reconoce el lector dactilar tampoco.

Reviso en el administrador de dispositivos y si aparece el lector 

y tengo entendido que windows 8.1 viene con esa funcion nativa, pero no me aparece habilitada la opcion, no se porque.

Necesito su ayuda para hacer funcionar el lector dactilar nuevamente, 
gracias

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi there! Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Community! 🙂

We advise you to post your question in English to insure a quick response for the Community. This can also help other users to take advantage of your post, in the case they have the same question.

Or, if you prefer, you can visit the HP Support website (https://support.hp.com/us-en?openCLC=true), to find the support channel for your region.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

BiancaS.

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

I have an HP PROBOOK 4530s

I had windows 7 pro and the fingerprint reader and the camera did not work but I installed the drivers and everything was working fine, then

it occurred to me to update to windows 8.1 PRO but now the fingerprint reader doesn't recognize me,

I already installed ProtecTools but it doesn't recognize the fingerprint reader either.

Check in device manager and if the reader appears

And I understand that Windows 8.1 comes with that native function, but the option does not appear enabled, I do not know why.

I need your help to get the fingerprint reader working again,

Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.