Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
1809 build
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi have the exact same problem here

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

me too... 😭

HP Recommended

Product Name : HP Inc. 5740 e-All-in-One

Since Windows 10 1809 Build Update, Printer doesn't work with the drivers available on Hp.com.

Off course, Computer is  Power ON , DDR RAM is more than 1Gb or Disk Space is not low , the answer from Cheron-Z doesn't help at all. There is not Router Problem.

Tryed 2 Clean Instal with everything Brand New.

Still impossible to Print normally with Windows 10 64bits build 1809 with a HP Inc. 5740 e-All-in-One.

HP Recommended

My HP Officet Pro 8620 suddenly did not scan anymore, probably Win10-related. After 7 hours of trying in vain to fix the problem by removing all HP software and re_installing the latest software etc. several times. I called HP Support per telephone. They could not solve the problem in a telephone session of more than 2 hours. I also have a HP Envy 5530 AiO. After re-installing that software, that also does not scan anymore.. What is going on and what can I do now? I have followed all the instructions, several times. 

HP Recommended

Please RVANWANIG do not Post your issue in this thread. ( this one is for the 5740 AiO with Win10x64 1809 build )

Make another thread please

HP Recommended

My issues with OJ 8620 and with the Envy 5530 AiO with Win10x64 1809 build is comparable with (and relevant to) 5740 AiO with Win10x64 1809 build. I think the root of the problem is the same.

HP Recommended

Product Name : HP Inc. 5740 e-All-in-One

Drivers : OJ5740_Full_WebPack_40.11.1135.exe (143.8 MB) 23 juin 2017

Not working, ( made 2 clean windows 10 instal and every basic recommandations has been checked )

HP Recommended

Jabzi (Regents Professor) posted a new reply in Inkjet Printing on 12-04-2018 08:30 AM

Subject: Re: HP Officet Pro 8620 and Envy 553 do not scan anymore, probably Win10-related.

He wrote to me:

"I'd suggest you to try the HP SMART APP for windows 10.  

Below is the URL that should help you install and give more information on how to use the HP SMART APP.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04675142 "

I installed HP Smart and - amazingly - after 9 hours of trying in vain to fix this sudden problem with both my HP printers - I could scan again!

HP Smart is a very basic feature, though, much simpler that the full-feature full package of the original HP software.

HP Recommended

That doesn't resolve the problem for me;

I'm unable to print through for example :

Adobe Reader DC ,

or Windows Edge

or Firefox

or Any other Windows Program proposing the printing fonction.

HP SMART APP is horrible to use in my opinion, and make the user proceed to a dozen of manipulations for 1 document or for 1 scan.

Just whant to  make my printer work again normaly.

HP Recommended

I am sorry to hear that. It's a shame, really. I wish I could have helped you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.