Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro MFP M29W
iOS

I also need the reset instructions.  Please send to me as well!

Need to setup my printer on a new WIFI network.  I am using an iOS phone for setup.  I can see the WIFI network that the printer projects but I don't have the password.  DIRECT-6a-HP M29 LaserJet is the wifi network name

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@RyanJordo

You need not perform a reset for this issue. However, I have sent you a private message with the instructions.

The default password for wifi-direct is 12345678. To know more refer to - Printing with Wi-Fi Direct

Note: If you are using wifi-direct, there will be no internet access on the phone.

Connect the printer and the iPhone to the same wireless network if you have a wireless router.

Refer to this document to know how - Printing from an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch

Let me know how this goes.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@RyanJordo

You need not perform a reset for this issue. However, I have sent you a private message with the instructions.

The default password for wifi-direct is 12345678. To know more refer to - Printing with Wi-Fi Direct

Note: If you are using wifi-direct, there will be no internet access on the phone.

Connect the printer and the iPhone to the same wireless network if you have a wireless router.

Refer to this document to know how - Printing from an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch

Let me know how this goes.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Kumar - I posted two messages within HP Help.  You answered both very quickly, thank you!

For the issue I was having a reset was necessary.  It was very helpful to reset my machine to setup on a new network.  Simple fix in holding down the Up and Cancel buttons before turning on.  Display read NU for reset and I was able to get my machine on the new network easily.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

@RyanJordo

Glad to know that the issue is now resolved. Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.

Happy to help!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.