Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Got the same issue. eprint failed earlier this week (printer seems to connect to www.eprintserver.com which is offline or changed). Thought to check for a firmware update, found the one from 31 of october mentioning new certificates. Firmware update finds the printer, but status is not applicable.

As a work around, ,should www.eprintserver.com  be resolved to something else and if yes, to what? Maybe I can make an internal DNS entry to change this. Or can HP bring back a working www.eprintserver.com?

Thanks!

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

@Matchless1975

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

We'll have to perform a reset on the Printer for this. I have sent you a private message, for more details that cannot be shared in a public post.

Please do check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have the same problem as described above. I can not activate the web services on my printer.

When I try to install the latest firmware, provided on the HP support  website (2011A), it says the firmware is not "Not Applicable ".

I already did the factory and OOBE reset and set the DNS and IP manually, without any success. 

Please assist me as well,.

My Printer details are:

Product HP Officejet Pro 8600 N911a Productnr. CM749A Firmwarever. CKP5CN1829AR

HP Recommended

@Betty0610 as has been pointed out in this thread, a full printer reset and many other changes suggested do no work. The server address for the web services has changed and the firmware update posted on 31st Oct. is flawed. As yet I have not seen anyone resolve this issue. 

HP Recommended

same with my printer (n911a). Did something work out?

HP Recommended

Any updates on this issue? I cant update my 8600 Premium. 

It has CKP5CN1829AR firmware and firmware update tool says "not applicable" for this printer.

@Betty0610 can you help me?

HP Recommended

@Betty0610  Please help me I have the same issue with my HP 8600 Premium

HP Recommended

Hello !

I have the same issues. Eprint service could not be activated on my printer and I can't update the firmware to the last version (actual version : CKP5CN1829AR) 😞

I try to reset my printer with service menu (partial reset and OOBE reset) but the issue still present 😞

@betty0610 : could you send me the special procedure by PM ?

Thanks

Regards

HP Recommended

@Betty0610

Can you please pm me the instructions on how to updated the firmware. 

HP Recommended

@Betty0610

Can you please pm me the instructions on how to updated the firmware. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.