Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet5252

Printer says remove and reinstall ink cartridges but when I do this nothing changes and I can't print. I already tried the recommendations provided on this topic from previous postings but it's not working

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @SundarJ,

I'd like to help!

Try the below suggestions-

Reset the product

• With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  • Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Wait at least 60 seconds.
  • Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  • Reconnect the power cord to the printer.
  • Turn the printer on. HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.

Clean the electrical contacts

Remove the cartridge indicated by the error message, clean the electrical contacts, and then reinsert the cartridge in its color-coded slot.

1. Turn the printer on.
  2. Open the door to access the cartridges.
  3. Wait until the carriage stops moving before you continue.
  4. Remove the cartridge indicated in the error message from its slot, holding it by its side.
       CAUTION: Do not touch the copper-colored contacts or the ink nozzles. Touching these parts can result in clogs, ink failure, and bad electrical connections.
  5. Remove any protective tape that still might be on the contacts.
       CAUTION: Do not touch or try to remove the copper electrical strip
  6. Lightly dampen a lint-free cloth with distilled water, and then clean only the copper-colored contacts on the cartridge.
  7. Lightly dampen a lint-free cloth with distilled water, and then clean the electrical contacts in the carriage, located inside the printer.
  8. Wait 10 minutes for the contacts to dry.
  9. Reinsert the cartridge.
    • Insert the black cartridge into the right slot.
    • Insert the tri-color cartridge into the left slot.
  10. Repeat these steps for the other cartridge, if necessary.
  11. Close the cartridge access door.
  12. If the error persists, repeat the previous steps to clean the cartridge and carriage contacts a second time.
  13. Check for the error message.

single cartridge mode 

The printer you own can work in single-cartridge mode, wherein the printer will be able to print with one cartridge in the printer.which will help us identify if its a cartridge issue or a printhead issue 

To try single-cartridge mode follow the below steps:

remove the black ink from the printer, leave the color in and try printing 

then remove the color ink and, insert the black  in and try printing 

If the issue persists, I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your printer

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.