Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet F4180
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had a HP DeskJet F4180 printer what I changed to an other non HP one because DeskJet irreparably broken. I removed all HP softwares from the Control Panel but the uninstall processes did not remove hpwuSchd Application, it's folder and files (C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP Software Update folder and hpwuschd2.exe, SoftwareUpdate.dll files) and the application was loaded during the Windows boot process. Uninstall processes did not remove other HP components also from C:\Program Files (x86)\HP folder.

C:\Program Files (x86)\HP>dir
Volume in drive C has no label.
Volume Serial Number is BE2C-79AD

Directory of C:\Program Files (x86)\HP

2017.01.19. 20:56 <DIR> .
2017.01.19. 20:56 <DIR> ..
2017.01.19. 21:02 <DIR> Common
2017.01.19. 20:58 <DIR> Digital Imaging
2017.01.19. 21:02 <DIR> HP Software Update
2015.11.01. 14:51 <DIR> Temp
0 File(s) 0 bytes
6 Dir(s) 69 168 611 328 bytes free

There are a lot of entry in Registry and I think because of it, that to delete C:\Program Files (x86)\HP folder is not a good solution.

When I installed HP driver and software first time, the OS was Windows 7 (64 bit). I upgraded it later to Windows 10 (64 bit) and I updated HP driver and software.

I disabled hpwuSchd service autostartup but I want to remove it permanently. I also want to remove all other HP software files from my computer because I don't use any HP device.

How can I do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Piit68

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand you need information on removing "hpwuSchd" Application and other HP Softwares from the PC,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

What is the product number of your product? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Normally, it doesn't matter whether these files from the registry as it's too small in size to make a difference and doesn't affect the PC performance in any way, is there any specific reason you want to remove them?

While you respond to that, I suggest you install 3rd party Softwares such as CCleaner to clean unused programs and remove unused registry extensions from your computer,

That said, the above is my personal opinion as it has been working on my personal computer 😉

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well, 

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts,  

mark my post as Accepted Solution. 

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment. 

Regards, 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Piit68

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand you need information on removing "hpwuSchd" Application and other HP Softwares from the PC,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

What is the product number of your product? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Normally, it doesn't matter whether these files from the registry as it's too small in size to make a difference and doesn't affect the PC performance in any way, is there any specific reason you want to remove them?

While you respond to that, I suggest you install 3rd party Softwares such as CCleaner to clean unused programs and remove unused registry extensions from your computer,

That said, the above is my personal opinion as it has been working on my personal computer 😉

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well, 

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts,  

mark my post as Accepted Solution. 

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment. 

Regards, 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your support!

I downloaded and installed CCleaner, as you mentioned.

I deleted c:\program files (x86)\HP folder.

After that I run CCleaner.

I wanted to remove unused softwares because they are potentially risky.

I am happy now! :generic:

HP Recommended

@Piit68

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad you found the solution you were looking for. 

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.