Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Officejet 9018
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I set up a refurbished officejet 9018 and it works as it should.  However, when I attempt to add the printer to my HPSmart account, I get the error, "That claim code is invalid, try entering a valid claim code (ie. 10HLVT3FRT)".  I disable, and reenable web services, and I get the same error with the new code.  What could be going on here?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I updated the firmware on the printer, and now when I try to enter the claim code, I get this, "Request failed with status code 403"

HP Recommended

Another clue... when I try to enable, "Print Anywhere" it tells me this printer is associated with another account...

HP Recommended

@gmc1967 I suggest you try the below steps to resolve the issue:

Press the HP ePrint icon on your control panel display and select Remove Web Services. Follow the on-screen instructions to remove Web Services, press the HP ePrint icon again, and then follow the prompts to re-enable Web Services. A new Printer Info Page titled "Congratulations" prints with a new claim code. Try to claim the printer again using the new claim code. If the page does not print, see the troubleshooting item "The printer info page did not print". If you are unable to find the HP ePrint icon on your control panel display, see "Cannot find HP ePrint icon on printer control panel display".

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This doesn't work. I have the exact same problem. Bought a used printer from a friend, claim code says is invalid and online it says printer is already in another account. I have updated to last firmware version as well. Is there nay other solution other than turning web services off and on? Thanks.

ALREADY SOLVED BELOW

HP Recommended

Hi, I called HP and solved the issue. I have exactly your same issue, bought a second hand printer and just kept getting the message "That claim code is invalid, try entering a valid claim code (ie. 10HLVT3FRT)", did the off/on eb services and nothing.

SOLUTION or Workaround

Go to the instant ink website  - https://instantink.hpconnected.com - and go to (Sign up). Don't worry, you won't be paying.

Just do the registration process like if you would like to enroll your printer in the instant ink program, at one moment it will ask you for the claim code, page will tell you it is associated to another account, just click continue again and in my case, it finally worked here. After this step  it asked me for payment so I just closed it.

Went back to HP Smart and Voila!, my printer was there associated to my account

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.