Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
02-25-2021 07:49 AM
I need to reset the password of the web interface to defaults - I cannot see the procedure
Can you advise.
02-28-2021 05:59 PM
Hi@JBees, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Community!! After reading your post I see you want to connect the printer to the new router. I would like to help you out with this issue today.
Click here to find WPS password of your new router.
- Make sure you know your network name and your security password is handy.
- On the printer's control panel, go to the Network menu or touch the wireless icon and then go to settings. Select Wireless Setup Wizard. The Wireless Setup Wizard displays a list of wireless networks in the area.
- Settings may be accessed by touching a wrench icon.
- Select your wireless network's name from the list.
- If you don't see your wireless network listed, you can enter your network name manually by scrolling to the bottom of the list. If you enter the name manually it must be exact, including upper and lower case characters.
- Enter your WEP key or WPA passphrase. You must enter the key or passphrase exactly, including upper and lower case characters. Your printer should connect to your wireless network. If it does not connect, you are given the opportunity to print a Wireless Network Test report that will help you find out what may be wrong.
Follow the steps mentioned under HP Wireless Setup Wizard in the document.
Let me know how it goes.
Keep me posted. Happy to help!
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
03-01-2021 01:01 AM
This is not what I wanted to achieve. The 137 fnw has an embedded web service that allows to have an admin access to the printer. This is what I want to reset to blank or a new password eventually - without knowledge of the password
03-01-2021 01:53 PM
Request you to follow the below troubleshooting steps
Print a configuration page.
Turn off the printer.
Press and hold the Down arrow (), and turn on the printer.
When all three status lights illuminate, release the Down arrow (), and press the Up arrow ().
Press Pause/Resume, scroll to NVRAM INIT, and then press the Select button ().
Wait for the printer to return to a Ready state.
Set up a new EWS password (optional)
Open the EWS.
Open a Web browser, and in the address field, type the printer IP address exactly as it appears on the Configuration Page and then press Enter.
Set up a new Password.
03-03-2021 05:52 AM
This message is from the HP Support team,
Just needed to know if all your queries were resolved?
If not, I could help you get there.
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, go to the public post & give us a virtual high-five by clicking the "Thumbs Up" icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on my public post.
Have a great day ahead!