Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8028 All-in-One Printer

Last year, HP contacted me (or did they?) letting me know that I was experiencing a virus on my computer and that was why it was running so slow. I understand that hackers are able to get into printers because they are connected to the internet. 

I was transferred a couple times on the phone, and ended up paying $99 for a year subscription for virus protection. Afterwards, nothing suspicious happened and they said I was covered for year. 

This afternoon my router/wifi notified me that it was unsecure. The same company called me back and let me know there was a breech in security. Again, no money was asked for no money was taken out, but I did let the man use my computer (on secure.me with the code and the downloading of a software). 

I have since then changed all my passwords and freaked out thinking was it a real virus protection or was it a scam? Wouldn't they have taken more things from me? I keep getting mixed messages that secure.me is a legitimate company related to HP. 

HP has not contacted me with information pertaining to my questions... 

Anyways for now I'm freaked out and changed everything, but if anybody has any suggestions let me know. 

Thanks 🙂 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Tealie,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to assist you.

I see that you are looking for information related to your Printer.

If you have performed a reset on the printer and have start over again. Then there should be no issues going forward.

However, if you would like to reset the printer to factory defaults.

Let me know so that i can share the information to assist you further.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a great day ahead!

Irwin6

HP Support

Irwin6
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.