Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OFFICEJET PRO 8610
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Hi, I have an iMAC running MAC OS Catalina 10.15.7 and a HP Officejet Pro 8610. The printer cannot find my iMAC when I try to scene to the computer. Printer works fine and scan FROM the computer as well. I tried to find the option to enable "scan to. computer" but I could not find it. I have installed HP Easy Start, Smart and Easy Scan. Nothing happens. What happened with HP Utility? Thanks.

27 REPLIES 27
HP Recommended

I did everything again but it does not work...

HP Recommended

@Sharphin

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Enabling Scan to computer using HP Utility may resolve the issue. Let's try these steps:

1.) On your Mac, click Finder, click Applications, click the Hewlett-Packard or HP folder, then double-click HP Utility. (If HP Utility is not available, download and install the printer essential software from here

2.) Under Scan Settings, click Scan to Computer, then make sure the Enable Scan to Computer check box is selected.

https://lithium-response-prod.s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/hpcsc.response.lithium.com/RESPONSEIMAGE/946f6e5f-68db-4b93-a3ad-831e2c463488.default.png

3.) Try to scan.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No, because I don’t have the HP monitor and I don’t know how to download it. I’ve been looking for that software for days, but I can not find it on my mac or online. I followed all the instructions from the HP product page but that Software is not on my Mac

HP Recommended

Hi, How can I install the HP Utility? I followed the recommendations from my printer's support webpage, but o got installed only HP Easy and HP Smart. Thanks.

HP Recommended

I have downloaded the HP Essentials (hp-printer-essentials-G-5_14_6.pkg) from the link provided but it does not work. The installer opens but nothing happens.

HP Recommended

How is your Printer connected to the Computer?

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Wifi.

HP Recommended

Also, please do answer these questions:

- While installing, did you use bonjour multifunction?

- When you scan from printer front panel - is MAC pc name listed?

Try uninstalling the Printer software using the uninstaller and see if that helps.

Thanks 🙂

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I just installed it following the HP Easy instructions. I don't know if it used bonjour. I did not have any choice. How can I check it?

No, MAC is not listed from the printer front panel. Also, I don't have HP monitor in my MAC.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.