Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Photosmart C7280
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Trying to fix problems with my C7280 using Print and Scan doctor tells me that the software is not complete. Reinstralling the software tells me that Bing toolbar isn't compatible with Windows 10 (it is now embedded) and suggests looking if there is a software update - there isn't.

How can I get round this problem? Should I uninstall Bing - and if so will that enable the scanner/printer software to load?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, @JWDC – Greetings!

Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums! I’d like to help 🙂

I understand that you are having issues while installing the printer software. First off, “bing” is simply a search engine embedded on to your web-browser. You can very well uninstall the same.

If the issue persists, please perform a clean install as suggested below:

• Unplug the USB cable from the printer and computer if present.
  • Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Photosmart printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Now click on HP Photosmart C7280 All-in-One Printer to download and install the printer drivers. (If the bing is selected to install, remove the same)
  • Connect the USB cable if prompted and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.

Also, if you face any issues while scanning using the printer software, try using the HP Scan and Capture to scan. This is a new app by HP and it provides an easy and efficient way to use your scanner. Check http://hp.care/2nZfg1K for details.

Let me know if that helps!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello, @JWDC – Greetings!

Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums! I’d like to help 🙂

I understand that you are having issues while installing the printer software. First off, “bing” is simply a search engine embedded on to your web-browser. You can very well uninstall the same.

If the issue persists, please perform a clean install as suggested below:

• Unplug the USB cable from the printer and computer if present.
  • Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Photosmart printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Now click on HP Photosmart C7280 All-in-One Printer to download and install the printer drivers. (If the bing is selected to install, remove the same)
  • Connect the USB cable if prompted and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.

Also, if you face any issues while scanning using the printer software, try using the HP Scan and Capture to scan. This is a new app by HP and it provides an easy and efficient way to use your scanner. Check http://hp.care/2nZfg1K for details.

Let me know if that helps!

Good luck 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Many thanks with this. The key was to completely uninstall the printer/scanner and install the latest software. 

The problem was possibly installing the latest software without first uninstalling the previous version.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and glad that the issue is resolved. 

Please do post your technical queries on our Forums for assistance. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.