Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
MFP M175NW
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've spent over 40 hours trying to get this printer to connect and the scanner function to work.  I can finally  print but the scanner will not work.  This is the absolute worst experience!  How is it possible that you can uninstall and reinstall a printer 5 times and it still doesn't work.  Now after using the Print and Scan DR. (what a joke that is) it sends me to get drivers for a different model.  What?  No notes saying it is compatible with my printer and no instructions as to how the install the drivers.

This experience is unacceptable.  Never again HP, never again.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @CA888,

I'd like to help!

I understand you are unable to scan using the printer 

To assist better -

Are you able to make copies using the printer?

How is the printer connected to the device USB or wireless?

What are the error you are receiving when you try and scan?

Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Thanks for reaching out.  I was finally able to resolve the issue.  After repeated attempts to install the software and drivers I saw a post that referenced an app on the Windows Store called HP Scan and Capture.  I also noticed that the installed driver was a Windows IPP Class Driver.  I installed the application and the printer now has complete functionality.

There was no reference to this application in any HP documentation.  I picked this up off of a single community post.  I understand the challenges of changing OSs and aging printer software but HP should have had some documentation on this.

Again, thanks for reaching out.

HP Recommended

It's great and happy to hear the issue is resolved.

I am glad you were able to sort this out.

HP Scan and Capture is an application used to scan from the scanner or computer camera.

The Application requires printer drivers to be installed on the computer, when you install the full-featured drivers both the print and scan features are available.

Here is a document -Using the HP Scan and Capture App (Windows 10, 😎

Hope this helps, keep me posted!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.