Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Office Jet Pro 6978
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

downloaded teh firmware for my printer associated with teh subject Security Bulletin.  Clicked the .exe. Got a screen that asked me to select my printer but i couldn't get a checkmark in the box. the status column said " up to date".  What should I do?.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

If the status appears as Up To Date, meaning the firmware is already installed and no further action is necessary (your printer may configure to auto update and already made the update automatically)

you may verify the latest firmware is installed by printing a Printer Status Report:

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-6970-all-in-one-printer-series/8289585/documen...

If the firmware version inlude 1828A near its end it is already up to date.

for the 5520 printer it should include 1828B.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I have the same issue. At the point where I have downloaded the file and executed, my HP Photosmart 5520 e-printer is found in the search. But nothing happens when I click the checkbox. It remains blank and the "Update" button is grayed out and unable to be clicked.

Help!

HP Recommended

Hi,

If the status appears as Up To Date, meaning the firmware is already installed and no further action is necessary (your printer may configure to auto update and already made the update automatically)

you may verify the latest firmware is installed by printing a Printer Status Report:

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-6970-all-in-one-printer-series/8289585/documen...

If the firmware version inlude 1828A near its end it is already up to date.

for the 5520 printer it should include 1828B.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thanks to Shlomi for teh great response!!!

HP Recommended

That helps. Thank you!! Looks like I'm up to date. PHEW!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.