cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

Security Bulletin HPSBHF03589 - HP Ink Printers Remote Code Execution

HP Recommended
HP Office Jet Pro 6978
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

downloaded teh firmware for my printer associated with teh subject Security Bulletin.  Clicked the .exe. Got a screen that asked me to select my printer but i couldn't get a checkmark in the box. the status column said " up to date".  What should I do?.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same issue. At the point where I have downloaded the file and executed, my HP Photosmart 5520 e-printer is found in the search. But nothing happens when I click the checkbox. It remains blank and the "Update" button is grayed out and unable to be clicked.

Help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
29,390 29,111 5,046 11,515
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

If the status appears as Up To Date, meaning the firmware is already installed and no further action is necessary (your printer may configure to auto update and already made the update automatically)

you may verify the latest firmware is installed by printing a Printer Status Report:

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-6970-all-in-one-printer-series/8289585/documen...

If the firmware version inlude 1828A near its end it is already up to date.

for the 5520 printer it should include 1828B.

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks to Shlomi for teh great response!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That helps. Thank you!! Looks like I'm up to date. PHEW!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation