Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP laser jet p 1102

I have a laser jet P 1102 that can't install it on my new Mac book air M1, need your advice to manage this issue urgently

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Shams_Hamdy, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand you are trying to install the printer on the New MAC.

I believe you are using macOS Big Sur. Are you using a compatible USB cable to connect the printer to the MAC?

Make sure the cable is directly connected between the MAC and the printer.

The use of a USB hub is not recommended. Also, make sure the cable is connected to a USB 2.0 port on your MAC.

Do you have an Anti-virus/firewall installed on the MAC? If yes, disable the same for time being.

You may check this in System Information > Applications.

• Check if the printer is getting recognized by your MAC:
  1. From the Apple menu, choose About This Mac.
  2. Click System Report.
  3. Under the Hardware heading on the left side of the System Information window, click USB.

USB 3 devices appear under USB 3.0 Bus, and USB 2 devices appear under USB 2.0 Bus. The printer should be under the USB 2.0 Bus

Click here to download the printer driver from the HP Support site.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Shams_Hamdy, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand you are trying to install the printer on the New MAC.

I believe you are using macOS Big Sur. Are you using a compatible USB cable to connect the printer to the MAC?

Make sure the cable is directly connected between the MAC and the printer.

The use of a USB hub is not recommended. Also, make sure the cable is connected to a USB 2.0 port on your MAC.

Do you have an Anti-virus/firewall installed on the MAC? If yes, disable the same for time being.

You may check this in System Information > Applications.

• Check if the printer is getting recognized by your MAC:
  1. From the Apple menu, choose About This Mac.
  2. Click System Report.
  3. Under the Hardware heading on the left side of the System Information window, click USB.

USB 3 devices appear under USB 3.0 Bus, and USB 2 devices appear under USB 2.0 Bus. The printer should be under the USB 2.0 Bus

Click here to download the printer driver from the HP Support site.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Sir,

First of all thanks for your concern & reply. 

But please tell me how to connect the printer directly to the Mac without USB hub?

HP Recommended

@Shams_Hamdy

According to the printer specifications, the HP LaserJet Pro P1102 printer can only be connected using a USB cable. It does not have wireless capability.

Kindly follow the steps mentioned in the previous post to install the printer and let me know how it goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I know it away late reply, but I’m extremely greatfull it worked & my printer installed finally. 

Thank you 

HP Recommended

@Shams_Hamdy

Glad to know that the issue is now resolved. Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.

Happy to help!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hi, I've got the same problem. I followed all the instructions down below but couldn't find the way to connect the printer to the Mac. Can you help me?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.