Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Color Laser MFP 179fnw
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Shift Printing Position

I have installed a new printer "HP Color Laser MFP 179fnw" and downloaded and activated the "... full Software and Drivers 1.16exe" (89,069 MB).

In my former printer from Dell (same size and class, now defect) I had besides the size of the print (10% - 400%)  also a feature to shift the print to the left or right side and also up and down.

1. Does exist this feature also in the software of the HP Color Laser MFP 179fnw?

2. If yes, where I will find it?

3. If no, does exist an alternative software for this HP printer with the possibility to shift the printing position?

Many thanks for your comments

PETER-1

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Peter,

What programs are you printing from that you want to shift the print? Many programs like Office have zoom and margin adjustments in them. Just trying to better understand what you need to achieve.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Hello Repairatrooper,

thanks for your question. I want to print PDF-files, received in minor quality as email enclosure. Of course I can improve these files with other software like Sniping Tool.

On the other hand it is faster and more comfortable, if I have the possibility, to create a final version with the printer software only via shifting the print to the optimal position and adjusting the size.

Therefore my question: Does exist a software for the HP MFP 179fnw, which also allows, to shift the printing position?

Thanks,

Peter

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.