Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8025e All-in-One Printer
iOS

Hi everybody.

I've been in contact with HP Support on WhatsApp, but they are unable to understand my problem.

Before returning the printer, I'm giving it a last try on these forums.

Last year, I bought an OfficeJet Pro 8025e that I returned for warranty a few weeks ago. The issue was that the printer always threw an error on a first try to scan to Google Drive.

The printer was replaced by a new one, but on this device I can't activate the Shortcuts on the printer itself. This worked on the printer that I returned.

I follow the instructions on the Help page, second paragraph. https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_4129352-4129404-16

The "Enable Shortcuts access" prompt never appears on the Smart App. It did when I installed the previous printer last year. I restored the printer to factory settings, reinstalled the Smart App, nothing works. Without the prompt, I can only use shortcuts on the Smart App but a need this function to work on the printer itself.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

I have exactly the same issue. Hoping this gets fixed seems to be related to smart app printer connectivity

HP Recommended

If you are connected via network, log into the embedded web server of the printer by typing the IP address into the browser address bar and trying enabling the shortcuts that way.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately no success. Tried via the web server, disabling and reenabling shortcuts but shortcuts created do not sync with the printer.  Shortcuts work fine when initiated from the phone or computer from the app.  I spent another hour on the phone with HP today going through the same troubleshooting as my 2hr HP support call on Saturday.  This time we reset the printer to factory defaults but still no connection that allows shortcuts created in the Smart App on the phone or PC to be shown on the printer.  The option to allow Shortcuts on the printer from the Shortcuts section of the Smart App is simply not available.

HP Support said its a known issue with the HP Smart App, to look for a Smart app update and keep trying, if it's not fixed in a few days call back.  The support assistant was very helpful but HP functionality and support structure is not.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I cannot enable/disable shortcuts using the EWS.

The EWS tells me to Sync using the Smart App, but there is no Sync button to be found in the app.

See screenshot:

KapiteinIglo_1-1678954119637.png

HP Recommended

Did you get this resolved? I’m having the same issue. 

HP Recommended

Unfortunately not 3-4 weeks in and no sign of hope.  I have a case open with HP, they are in contact asking for seemingly useless information.  Appears to be a problem with HP smart app or printer firmware or both. Hoping an update comes to one of those two.  Wishful thinking. Will post back here when or more like if it gets resolved.

HP Recommended

I asked to delete my Smart App account, to see if that works.

Already waiting for 3 weeks to get that done, I'm no longer expecting a solution.

HP Recommended

Finally got this working.  HP Support took some logs from my printer, did some research and reportedly updated the printer to a new firmware - MANHHIPP1N005.2242A.00 2022-10-12.  After accessing in the Shortcuts section of the HP Smart App the 'Enable Shortcuts' option was now available (previously missing).  After enabling shortcuts are available and working from the printer screen.  Hopefully does not get broken in a future firmware update.

Now just one issue remains with adding a user to my account.

HP Recommended

I let the printer check for a new firmware, but it cannot find the one you are referring to. It is still on an earlier firmware version but with the same release date as yours.

However, I did get an updated HP Smart app on MacOS and now it DOES give me the shortcuts-prompt.

Fixed for me too now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.