Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Ditto, **bleep**

HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem. I work from home and this is extremely inconvenient. 

HP Recommended

Same prob.  Let's go HP, what is the fix.  Super inconvenient.  What is the fix????

HP Recommended

HP told me they are working on an update, but meanwhile to use scan and copy feature on the printer itself.

HP Recommended

I also have the same problem. However, I clicked on the little person icon (in the upper right corner) and noticed that I wasn't logged into HP Connect. I went ahead and logged in and then tried scanning again. The Smart Tasks error message went away and everything is now working as before. This solved it for me, hopefully, it will for others.

As a message to HP, I don't think you should have to be logged into HP Connect for the application to work correctly.

HP Recommended

Thank you jimboba1!!!  That finally fixed it, I just needed to be logged in...unless some other miraculous cure happened without me knowing.  

HP Recommended

Thanks very much indeed Jimboba , you saved my day and a lot of time. Your fix works perfect for me.All the best J

@jimboba1 wrote:

I also have the same problem. However, I clicked on the little person icon (in the upper right corner) and noticed that I wasn't logged into HP Connect. I went ahead and logged in and then tried scanning again. The Smart Tasks error message went away and everything is now working as before. This solved it for me, hopefully, it will for others.

As a message to HP, I don't think you should have to be logged into HP Connect for the application to work correctly.

HP Recommended

@jimboba1 wrote:

Many thanks for the (sort of) "fix" as you shouldn't have to log into HP Connect for it to work. This is causing additional work. In fact if the Smart Task is disabled it shouldn't be showing as an icon in the bottom right corner after a scan and should only show if it's enabled. Surely this will be a simple enough task to get rid of that icon and it's associated links in an update? I feel that HP aren't bothered and dragging their heels with this.

HP Recommended

All, I had exactly the same problem, tried what you did but didn't work. Then I pushed the bell in the upper richt corner,

2019-03-10 12_53_09-Window.png

Select Smart Task. An interface opens saying that there aren't any Smart Tasks registered yet. Closed the interface, tried to scan again and it works now! I had Smart Tasks activated when I tried this. Don't know if it makes a difference but when I desactivateit is works as well. Good luck!

Kristoff

HP Recommended

@Kristoff1 wrote:

All, I had exactly the same problem, tried what you did but didn't work. Then I pushed the bell in the upper richt corner,

2019-03-10 12_53_09-Window.png

Select Smart Task. An interface opens saying that there aren't any Smart Tasks registered yet. Closed the interface, tried to scan again and it works now! I had Smart Tasks activated when I tried this. Don't know if it makes a difference but when I desactivateit is works as well. Good luck!

Kristoff

Thanks Kristoff. That woked for me. At first it said I wasn't logged in (I was), so logged out and then back in, did your suggestion and all working now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.