Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OFFICE JET PRO 6960

hi, 

i have an OfficeJet Pro 6960 and two Mac ( iMac on macOS 10.15 and a MacBook Air M2 on Sonoma 14) 

the software easy scan don't work anymore , the soft crash on lauching and on the printer (screen) I don't see scan to my Mac . 

i don't find any software on hp support website to get it back to life 😞 

il can scan with the build in software on Mac OS but very poor soft and no support of the touch screen on printer .

is there a new release coming to get working again ? 

thanks for your help 

Oli from Belgium 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @BelgoVanou ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand how frustrating that could be the Easy Scan software isn't working for you anymore. Since you've already tried checking the HP support website and didn't find any solutions there, I'd recommend a few steps to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issue:

• Check for Updates: Ensure that both your iMac and MacBook Air are up to date with the latest macOS versions. Sometimes, software compatibility issues can arise due to outdated operating systems.
  • Reinstall Easy Scan: Try uninstalling the Easy Scan software from your Mac computers and then reinstalling it. Sometimes, a fresh installation can resolve any corrupted files or settings causing the crash.
  • Update Printer Firmware: Check if there are any firmware updates available for your HP OfficeJet Pro 6960 printer. You can usually find firmware updates on the HP support website. Updating the printer's firmware can sometimes resolve compatibility issues with software. Update the firmware on an HP printer
  •  assistance based on your specific setup.
  • Alternative Scanning Solutions: While waiting for a resolution, you can explore alternative scanning software available for macOS. There are scanning applications available in the Mac App Store that might provide better functionality and support for your HP OfficeJet Pro 6960.

Refer to this document: HP OfficeJet Pro 6960 All-in-One Printer series User manual

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Gaya1239 – HP Support.
HP Recommended

Hi, 

thanks for your tips but those don't work 😞 

firmware is le tatest 

max os up to date 

uninstall and reinstall easy scan  

but nothings is working 

are you sure that easy scan is supported on MacOs 10.15 and 13.XX ?

Thanks you 

HP Recommended

Hi @BelgoVanou ,

Thank you for your response, I appreciate your efforts. As the issue persists, I am sorry to hear that  This needs one-on-one interaction  I'm sending out a private message to assist you with the next course of action. 

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.

I hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.