Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP PHOTOSMART e-ALL-IN-ONE D110 series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

At the time I installed my HP Photosmart e-ALL-IN-ONE  D110 series printer I was on Windows 8.  After upgrading to Windows 10, I am unable  to get HP Solution Center to open properly. I uninstalled the printer software and downloaded and installed a file Full_Webpack-140.0.408-5-PS_AIO_07_D110_140_408-5 as suggested and  Solution Center will not open when I click on the icon.  Can someone tell me how to solve this issue?

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

@ydrose

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and I understand your concerns

I suggest you uninstall the printer driver from root level first and download the full feature software

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 
2.) Select your HP Printer 
3.) Select Uninstall 
4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 
5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’ 
6.) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”) 
8.) Click on the “Drivers” tab 
9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 
10.) Select Ok 
11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows 
12.) Close Devices and Printers
13.) Restart the computer and download the full feature software Link: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL32503/mp-109779-3/Full_Webpack-140.0.408-5-PS_AIO_07_D1... and follow the onscreen instructions

Thank you

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply, my apologies for the slow response.  I performed the steps you provided but was unable to resolve my problem.  It loaded the Solution Center but the icon would not open the center, it keep giving the same error message.

HP Recommended

@ydrose

What is the exact error message that appears when you try to open the solution center?

Keep us posted.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Once clicking on the  HP Solution Center icon, a window pops up that says "HP Solution Center cannot run because your device installation is not complete.  Please plug in the USB cable or re-run the setup program from the installation CD for a network installation.  If this does not complete the installation or you do not have the CD, access the HP help files by clicking the Start menu."

A USB cable did not come with the printer but I did have one available and did use that procedure with no solution, so I tried to re-run the installation from the CD, but because I have upgraded to Windows 10, the only option available on the CD menu is the "exit" button.  I went to the help files but there were not any suggestions that addressed my issue.

Thanks,

HP Recommended

@ydrose

Restart the print spooler and try uninstalling the drivers

Press “Windows key” + “r” to get the “Run” window.

Type "services.msc" to get Services – Go to “Print spooler” – Right-click and “Stop” the service.

Now again open "Run" - Type “spool” and ok - Go to PRINTERS folder - delete everything in that folder.

Go to services again - Start the print spooler.

Now uninstall and reinstall the printer driver.

Use this link to download and install the new driver. Configure the printer and try printing.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Before I perform this process, I need to confirm that there is no problem with printing.  So if I perform these steps will this resolve the Solution Center issue or does this address printing only?

Thanks

HP Recommended

@ydrose

Yes, this addresses printing only.

Thanks!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you.  I am not having printing issues at this time.  My main problem is not being able to launch Solution Center and access the menu to scan and save to my PC. Do you have any other suggestions that would address or solve this issue?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Uninstall the HP Solution Center and run an SFC Scan on your computer and then redownload the Software

Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/using-system-file-checker-in-windows-10-365e0031-36b1-60...

If the issue persists  try creating a New User Account and then redownload the HP Solution Center again on the new User Account

Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-a-local-user-or-administrator-account-in-windows-...

Keep me posted

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.