Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Photosmart C4780
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I use HP Solution Center to scan photos using my HP Photosmart C4780.

As of today (January 12th 2021) HP Solution Center merely displays a large red "f" and a black "i" symbols.

I take it to mean the as Adobe Flash is no more HP Solution Center will not function.

Where now?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi I can confirm this.

Here the same problem.

I hope there will be a version of this software witch works without flash.

Flash is death. 

So please provide a Version without flash.

Cheers

Endor

HP Recommended

I have the same problem!

HP Recommended

@BarryE1947 

==============================================================

Welcome to the HP Community.

Reminder to those reading:

Do NOT respond to vermin who post phone numbers or email addresses.

HP does not post phone numbers or email in Community messages.

==============================================================

A couple of possible solutions:

HP Scan and Capture - Microsoft Store (formally Windows Store) - Requires Windows 8 or higher

Example

Scan_and_Capture_Document_Settings_1Scan_and_Capture_Document_Settings_1

and

What else?

@ShlomiL has recommended that HP Scan Extended apparently still works for scanning.

This is good news - I did not know whether the HPSE is dependent on the Flash component.

The Caveat:  HPSE is dependent on the Full Feature Software (previously "HP Solution Center") - if you uninstall the solution center, you may not be able to reinstall it (since the old Solution Center depends on Flash).

Assuming you still have your solution center (full feature software) installed...

HP Scan Extended

• Download-Save-Install >  HP Scan Extended 
  • HPSE is a subset an older Full Feature Software suite. 
  • HPSE features are very similar to the HP Scan Software released after 2015.
  • Although HPSE appears to be a separate software, HPSE is dependent on the infrastructure provided by the Full Feature Software.  The Full Feature Software for your printer should be installed before installing and using HPSE.
  • OPTIONAL:  Add HP Scan Extended shortcut to Taskbar / Send to Desktop / Pin to Start
    • Open File Explorer > Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP Scan Extended\bin
    • Right-Click HPScan.exe > Select Pin to Taskbar
    • Right-Click HPScan.exe > Select Send to Desktop (Create a Shortcut)
    • Right-Click HPScan.exe > Select Pin to Start

• HP Scan Extended features include (and are not limited to): Single, Multiple scans, Image and PDF scans, Email as PDF / JPEG, Source selection, Page Size choices include Auto-Detect (extracts image / document boundary).  Might include OCR (Save as Editable Text).

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not a business group of HP..

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks, I'll try these in a little while.

I did uninstall and reinstall HP Solution Center and it appears to be there (version 14.0) with the same result due to the missing Flash Player.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Thanks to everyone who has commented. I've tried the solutions but to no avail. I think there is a version of Flash Player embedded in Microsoft IE (underneath Microsoft Edge?) which is linked to Windows 10 and, as soon as it detects Flash Player, it kills the app.

I'm getting round it when I want to scan by changing the date to 11th January 2021, scanning and then returning to the current date and time.

Not perfect but it works!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.