cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Note for common printer problems
Customers receiving the"will damage your computer" message along with others like "unable to access cups/tmp" or "'@%' cannot be opened" need to update their version of the macOS. Please check this article for more information: "HPxxxxx.framework" will damage your computer" message in macOS Catalina or Mojave .
Highlighted
2 0 0 1
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

Stackoverflowin / sthack

HP Recommended
HP Officejet 7612
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have the same problem that many reported since yesterday. Printer seems to be hacked printing pages with the message: "stackoverflowin/ sthack the hacker god has returned - sthack@protonmail.com - htt" and also "READ --> ------------- stackoverflowin has returned to his glory, your printer is part of"

It is a network printer, connected with cable (WiFi turned off)

Do you know if this is a problem of the printer or the computer?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, just wanted to check in here because I received the exact same messages yesterday and today,

but there doesn't seem to be much discussion about this in the forum (or am I missing the right location?)

Mine is Officejet Pro 8620 (all-in-one), Windows 10 (64-bit)

Mine has ePrint and works on (private) Wi-fi.

After yesterday's message (the first one), I discovered that I hadn't set any configuration password for my printer's Embedded Web Server, so I set it just in case. But today I still got the second message.

I followed some directions here and made my computer save event logs for related to printing, but nothing showed up:

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/check-printer-logs-54952.html

You might check your PC but I suspect the printed documents have nothing to do with our individual PCs.

I guess the last resort would be to use it offline, but before I do that I'll check with my local HP support team and come back if I learn anything new.

EDIT: This isn't really an HP problem. Check this viedo out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojXpsazraFA

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
2 2 0 4
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sounds like you're printer ports are open in the router: https://nexusconsultancy.co.uk/blog/printer-part-flaming-botnet/

Highlighted
Level 4
Level 4
107 107 8 31
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There should be some Embedded Web Server setting for security for your printer.  Type the IP address of the printer in a browser address bar to open up the printer's EWS- and verify what settings are enabled or disabled.  The doc link below is a good reference to what settings may be applicable to your ink printer (this is for a LaserJet but most basic security settinggs should also apply for ink products)

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c03687861&sp4ts.oid=27718

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ITS THE PRINTER 32 VS. 64 UP DATE

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation