Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 8610
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My printer is connected via USB to my desktop, and also via ethernet so I can remotely print from other devices in the house.  I recently printed a document from my phone that got stuck in the queue when I tried to cancel it.  This document is not visible in any print queue.  I have used the Scan doctor numerous times and tried every single step.  I can get the document to go away for a little while, and even print something else, but the issue resurfaces within a very short window of time. I have determined its related to the printer I associated with the ethernet cable.  I have deleted/reinstalled and followed all the steps located here. It is driving me crazy to not be able to print remotely!  Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@CrunchyMidLifer,

I read your response and thanks for the update. It is awesome to hear from you considering your superb technical skills and brilliant efforts.

Please create a new user account as an administrator from this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/13951/windows-create-user-account

THen download and install the full feature software from the HP support site as mentioned in my previous post.

This should resolve the issue. Otherwise backup all your important files and reinstall windows on your computer. Then install the printer drivers from this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-pro-8610-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5... after selecting the correct operating system.

Now trust me I've done all I can to assist you here by keeping your best interest in mind. It has been an absolute privilege to share this platform and work with you.

Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great year ahead and stay healthy. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@CrunchyMidLifer,

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP community. A very good day to you. I will be glad to assist you and let’s get right to it. Splendid diagnosis and great presentation of the issue. It is amply appreciated.

Let me gather some information for better clarity to assist you correctly:

• Did this happen after a power outage or surge?

I will be providing a roadmap with some troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue. Let us try these steps:

Now try these steps:

• Press “Windows key” + “r” to get the “Run” window.
  • Type "services.msc" to get Services – Go to “Print spooler” – Right-click and “Stop” the service.
  • Now again open "Run" - Type “spool” and ok - Go to PRINTERS folder - delete everything in that folder.
  • Go to services again - Start the print spooler.
  • Now check for issue resolution.

If the issue persists, also try clean installing the printer drivers. Here are the steps:

• First, unplug the USB cable from the printer, if present.
  • Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Photosmart printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
  • Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.
  • Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
  • Again, go to the Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Then create a new user account as an administrator  from this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/instantanswers/5de907f1-f8ba-4fd9-a89d-efd23fee918c/create-a-loc...

Then download the latest full feature driver from   https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-pro-8610-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5...  and install it on the computer after selecting the correct operating system.

Connect the printer to your computer only when the setup prompts for the printer.

This should fix the issue.

Also, ensure that the latest windows updates are installed on the computer and that it has the most current updates installed correctly. This should nail it for you.

If this does not do the trick, please download the Windows Built-in drivers by following instructions from this link: http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01796879

• This should resolve the issue for you. There is an associated YouTube video on how to install it. Please check the steps:
    • Step 2: Connect your printer to the computer
    • Step 3: Install the print driver with the Add a Printer wizard
  • This should fix the issue.

Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I completed the first steps, no problem .  The issue disappeared, I had both the USB and Wireless printer working.  Then, after 5 hours, my printer is back to canceling the stuck job.  I continued with your steps, but got stuck on 

because these are WIN 10 instructions. I purposesly keep this old PC off WIndows 10 for a variety of reasons.  I tried searching the HP support site but did't find any WIN 7 instructions to create a new user account.   Where do I go from here?

HP Recommended

@CrunchyMidLifer,

I read your response and thanks for the update. It is awesome to hear from you considering your superb technical skills and brilliant efforts.

Please create a new user account as an administrator from this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/13951/windows-create-user-account

THen download and install the full feature software from the HP support site as mentioned in my previous post.

This should resolve the issue. Otherwise backup all your important files and reinstall windows on your computer. Then install the printer drivers from this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-pro-8610-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5... after selecting the correct operating system.

Now trust me I've done all I can to assist you here by keeping your best interest in mind. It has been an absolute privilege to share this platform and work with you.

Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great year ahead and stay healthy. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry for the delays in response, but I went out of town and was a little skeptical...however, after 5 days it is still resolved! I did have to create the additional user and complete ALL the additional steps.  Thank you SO much for your help!

HP Recommended

@CrunchyMidLifer

Great news! 🙂

I'm glad that the issue is fixed and hope it remains that way.

I appreciate your hard work and patience. 

As @DavidSMP is out of the office today, I'm replying to you.

Happy printing! 🙂

HP Recommended

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HP Recommended

@CrunchyMidLifer

Thanks!

Take care. 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.