Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro X576dw MFP
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have tried the solution to the 6950 post of 1/18/2021. It does not solve my particular problem. I don't care about having a MS webservices printer. I just want to print from my computer. How to reverse this? I'm sure it must be relatively simple ... if one knows what one is doing. Regular tech support can't help. Thx in advance for any advice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Solved my own problem after spending another fruitless hour on the phone with HP tech support. I went onto the web embedded server page using the printer's IP address and disabled the IPP protocol under Network. Then as was suggested as part of the 6950 solution (referenced in the original post), I restarted the printer, checked printui.exe /s, and reinstalled the printer through Settings. It also took changing the port in printer properties to a standard TCP/IP port. But now it's working again. HUGE sigh of relief! 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Solved my own problem after spending another fruitless hour on the phone with HP tech support. I went onto the web embedded server page using the printer's IP address and disabled the IPP protocol under Network. Then as was suggested as part of the 6950 solution (referenced in the original post), I restarted the printer, checked printui.exe /s, and reinstalled the printer through Settings. It also took changing the port in printer properties to a standard TCP/IP port. But now it's working again. HUGE sigh of relief! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.