Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Does HP contract with a third party tech support company by the name of Algofix phone  main number [Personal Information Removed]?

I was connected to a rep named Jimmy Sood after using the HP chat support to set up printer on March 14th. HP online support could not set up printer and then had this individual contact me via phone to solve issue via remote printer setup. Also, purchased Webroot Virus protection that he installed. No issues, no suspicious credit card issues. HP tech support had no record of him as an employee of HP when I called to reinstall the Webroot program after my hard drive failed. It would be nice to know if you dealing with HP reps, product purchases, online techThank you.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I had a look at the name of the company and phone number but could not find much relating to them. I would steer clear of third party technical support as it is likely a scam unless you  contact them using the numbers on the official hp support website.

Nathan
If my response helped you, please let me know by marking my answer as the accepted solution. This will help others.
HP Recommended

@cabenson 

Welcome to the HP Community --

@NathanS20has provided sound advice.

HP does not free-post support numbers --

Any number you find on the Internet, any number that suddenly Pops up on your screen, no matter how pretty the website, no matter how convincing the "tech" might sound, these folks want your private information, your private date, and your money.  Rascals, scoundrels, and worse.

HP Support does not throw up hands and transfer you to someone who wants to sell you anti-virus software because you are having trouble setting up a printer. 

HP Support does not convince you to let a nice tech into your computer and then tell you your computer is full of bugs.

I will forward your concern to our Community Moderators -- Should there be a response, look for a message here before the agent uses other means to contact you.

HP Support accepts online job submission -- at the HP Support website -- for in-Warranty HP products.

HP Support – Hardware / Technical Support for Devices in Warranty

Registered Devices in Warranty:

Contact HP Support

Start here:

HP Support virtual repair center

Printers

Contact HP Support – Printer Support

HP Support  HP World-Wide Support

Select your region and follow the prompts

HP Support - Regional Links

USA / Canada >   HP® Customer Support - USA

UK >  HP® Customer Support - UK

---------------------------------------------------

Reminders - READ

Online Case Submission to HP Support is available to those whose devices registered and are still in Warranty.

Some regions display phone / chat contact information only after the case is submitted online

Not every issue is covered under the standard Hardware Warranty.  Purchased Care Pack Warranties differ by contract.

HP is not a "general" repair facility: Requests for out-of-warranty repairs are usually not accepted.

If the problem is hardware, if your device is in Warranty, if your device is Registered, and you cannot submit your case to Support, let us know and we will forward a request.

Important

HP Phone numbers you find on the Internet have likely been hijacked. Old HP phone numbers – for example, those numbers no longer used by HP since the move to “online” case submissions – might have been taken over by thieves.

Never post private information in the HP Community!

Do not be a victim.

Stay vigilant.

=== --- === --- === --- === --- ===

READ – Be Informed – Be Aware

HP Fraud Alert: Protecting Yourself from Scams | HP® Official Site

HP Fraud Alert: Protect Yourself from Scams, Report Suspicious Calls

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for the information. I initially contacted HP online support to setup wifi printer. The online tech was unable to do so and the asked for my phone number so a tech could help me via phone. When this individual called me I naturally assumed it was another tech support agent from HP as I was referred from HP online support. He did not identify as a contractor at the time. He rectified the issue with the printer. He mentioned that the laptop did not have a current virus protection and asked if I would be interested in a 1, 2, or 3 year protection plan, Webroot anti-virus, purchased through a vendor service since HP did not have this plan. There was no suspicious activity on credit cards and laptop had been functioning fine. A week and a half later I had a hard drive failure. A new hard drive was installed and some files recovered. 

I called HP to have this anti-virus reinstalled and that is when they informed me he was either a third party contractor or it was a scam.  I found the number he initially called me from when I first had the printer issue. That is how I found out the company phone, his extension and he informed me they are 3rd party for HP. So taking all this into consideration; why would HP online support connect me to a third party contractor to fix wifi connection issue? Could the hard drive failure been caused by something he did? Granted my laptop is about 5 +years old, running very slowly and freezing regularly prior to any of this online/phone tech support contacts. Thank you again.

HP Recommended

I had a similar experience. My HP printer stopped scanning to my HP Envy computer my HP printer read log into HP123.com. I did this and the bott  popped up. I put in my issue and the bott wrote that a technician would call.  A technician named Jennifer from the phone number [content removed] called she went through a bunch of steps for me to take but nothing worked. I gave her permission to access my computer but she still could not fix the issue. She wanted to have her team run a Cleaning program and an Optimizer program at a cost of $100. At this point a said no and ended the call. I ended up fixing the issue myself which turned out to be an easy fix. Bottomline I am concerned that this whole schnanigan was a scam. Can HP veifry that they have support services at the number I listed above. I also was given Jennifers employee code [content removed] 

HP Recommended

@BobD20 

The website you post here is NOT the HP site. 123HP.com is a scam site that pirates visual content from the actual HP website and it is very easy to get misled. HP setup site is https://123.HP.COM.

Warning to any user who might see this post. If you simply type 123hp in a search window you will get several sponsored sites that appear to be HP but are actually scam sites that make it look like you are installing your printer on an HP site but then error out and prompt you to either call or enter your phone number. This is not HP,  HP works hard to get these imposters banned or shut down but they cannot be everywhere at once. BE VERY careful.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.