Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY PHOTO 6234
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I am using windows 7  (Medion intel core 1.5)

When I input images from clip art or from the internet into my  word document it only prints out a quarter of the image every time although it views correctly on a print preview.  

I never had this problem on my previous printer which was an Epsom. Could you please advise what I can do as I have to regularly insert images into documents as I make cards. I've wasted so much time, paper and ink. Thanks so much

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@frustratednov19 

Some, all, or none of this might be relevant ...

Recent versions of Office and Windows....

=======================================================================

Preferences - Correct odd / wrong-sized Image Sizes (for example, when printed from Word)

Control Panel > icon view > Devices and Printers > Right-Click on your printer > Printing Preferences >

Tab Layout > Click Advanced > Switch OFF HP Real Life Technologies

Clip Art are not always normal .jpg files.

One way to check / evaluate a clip art image is to identify it (click on it in the open Word document) and "save the image" as a file.  Remove the existing image from the document (cut).  INSERT > Pictures > navigate to the folder where you stored the image > insert that image back into the Word document.

Reminder

Use Insert as opposed to "paste" when adding data to a Word document.

Check Word document > File > Advanced >

Section Image Size and Quality

Check the Default resolution

Adjust to 330 ppi or High Fidelity

Save any changes

Corral fussy clip art inside a Text Box to help it stay in borders and print as expected.

Always use Insert as opposed to copy/paste to add images to your Word documents.

After the image is inserted into the document, Right-Click on the image and select Size and Position

Adjust as needed.

Insert Text box

Then Insert your image inside the box

• Use Insert (as opposed to copy / paste) when placing images into a document
  • If images will not stay contained in spite of margins:
    • Insert a Text box of the size necessary to contain the image
    • Remove the "default text" bits from the box
    • Insert the Image inside the empty text box

Chicken_in_Text_Box_1Chicken_in_Text_Box_1

Less certain, but perhaps necessary,

Download and Save the Full Feature Software to your computer.

HP ENVY Photo 6200 All-in-One Print and Scan Driver and Accessories 

Click "View All" to check which versions of the Operating System are supported by the software.

Uninstall the existing printer software from Programs and Features

Restart the computer and log in

• Open File Explorer (likely still called "Windows Explorer" in Windows 7)
  • Navigate to the folder in which you saved the installation file  (likely Downloads)
  • Right-Click on the installation package and “Run as Administrator
  • After the software is installed, Restart the computer and log in

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP ENVY Photo 6234 All-in-One Printer 

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.