Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
LaserJet P1006
macOS 11.0 Big Sur

I tried ShlomiL's solution posted at: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-Knowledge-Base/Having-problems-installing-older-HP-Printers-o....

I was successful in uninstalling all the old HP software using their uninstaller. I also believe that I was successful in installing the latest drivers package (btw...it was almost 1 gig - did not see option for a basic vs standard installation.)

What I was NOT successful in was finding my printer to add in printer set up in System Preferences / Printers and Scanners. I did a search for P1006, and nothing showed up. (Press the + and nada.) I am not very experienced in Mac OS, so maybe I am missing something basic???

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

From your description, I would suspect the installation might blocked and the drivers were not reinstalled, please make sure you confirm any prompt within Security & Privacy once trying to reinstall HewlettPackardPrinterDrivers.pkg

Note: if the file fails to launch, try double-clicking it, also try right-clicking it and select Open, as well make sure it is not blocked under System Preferences > Security & Privacy and then launch it again

Once the installation is complete you should see the P1006 model listed within the Software & Drivers.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.