Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Great and accurate explanation and alternative use of image capture! Thank You! Any timetable for HP to get the fix for Catalina OS?

HP Recommended

After several months it appears that HP  has no interest in its Apple customers satisfaction.  I've no idea if or when they will fix this software.  Very unimpressive customer service.  Canon or Epson next time....maybe.

HP Recommended

Hello everyone,

For a better visibility of your problem, I advise you not to post it in an old topic, so I invite you to open a new topic here, detailing your problem, in order to get the best help possible.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

I can finally officially report that macOS 10.15.3 contains the fix for this issue!

I have done some preliminary testing on several models to confirm as well.

One thing I did notice is that initiating a scan while the printer is in sleep mode will produce an error.  But once it is "awake" you can scan from the glass and the ADF normally.

While I may work for HP Inc, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.
HP Recommended

Sadly, there is no 10.15.3. The latest version available for download is 10.15.2

Do you have a beta version of 10.15.3?

HP Recommended

macOS 10.15.2 released 1/28/2020...at least in the US where I am located.  Perhaps other regions will follow.  It may also be a phased roll out and you just need to periodically check.

Here is a link to the Combo update from Apple if you prefer.

While I may work for HP Inc, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.
HP Recommended

Working now, thanks IronBadger.

HP Recommended

This is great news, I will wait a week or two and upgrade and confirm. 

HP Recommended

Just to be clear: 10.15.3 just TODAY became available as part of the routine updates that people access through System Preferences > Software Update. And yes, it has fixed the scanning issue. Thanks to Iron Badger for updating us.

HP Recommended

Yes, I downloaded IOS 10.15.3 today via About this Mac/Software Update.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.