Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Thx 

HP Recommended

I have finally had some time to work on some of the issues being reported.

No Preview for crop and adjustments, no Send to option, Communication errors, etc.

For those reporting the Gray preview window and the lack of being able to Send to, it seems deleting the preferences resolves these issues for me.

If you downloaded HP Easy Scan from the Mac App store then you need to delete the following folders

~/Users/username/Library/Containers/com.hp.EasyScanMac

~/Users/username/Library/Containers/com.hp.scan.request.handler

If you downloaded HP Easy Scan using HP Smart then you need to delete the following files

~/Users/username/Library/Preferences/com.hp.EasyScanMac.plist

~/Users/username/Library/Preferences/com.hp.scan.HPScanCaptureMgr.plist

Then relaunch HP Easy Scan.

In macOS Catalina I will reliably get the communication error on the first scan.

Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 10.26.41 AM.png

After this occurs click Ok.  Then select Browse Scanners and select your scanner.  I was then able to successfully scan.

Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 10.24.11 AM.png

I will periodically get the communication error again if I try and scan consecutive pages quickly.  Simply waiting a few seconds allows for a successful scan.  I have it under good authority that the next update to a certain OS resolves drastically reduces this timing issue.

For those getting the 704 errors it could be 1 of 2 issues.

1. You do not have the complete HP Essentials Package installed on your macOS.  To make sure you have the latest Essentials download and run HP East Start.  Some older devices require a device driver that is not installed as part of HP Easy Scan but is installed with the Essentials.  Image Capture needs these drivers for older devices as well.  These drivers are located in:

~/Library/Image Capture/Devices

There could be any number of HP Scanner devices.  Each driver supports different devices and have names like "HP Scanner 4".

2. If you have installed the latest Essentials package and still get the 704  error it may mean your device is not supported in macOS Catalina.  Some device drivers were not able to be ported over.  This mainly includes several old ScanJet models like  the 200 and 300.

And finally, if all this fails I suggest deleting all of the preferences referenced earlier and then deleting HP Easy Scan from the apps folder.  Then go to the Mac App store and re-download HP Easy Scan.  Then try scanning again.

While I may work for HP Inc, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the tip.  I reinstalled my Easy Scan and did the Brower Scanner tip and it's working like a charm!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.