Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Pro 6455 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Suddenly an HP printer I have been using since  the end of 2020 "never was registered" and can't be serviced:  In 12/2020 I bought an HP Envy Pro 6455 at Best Buy using my debit card and then went online and bought an extended warranty directly from HP online for $63.00 using the same debit card.  When ever I used HP  software it always recognized the purchase of the extended warranty UNTIL a few weeks ago--now it says it was never under warranty at all.  I tried to dispute it but it wants me to submit proof but all I can guess is that it will take some time to get Bank of America to provide me with the December 2020 statement which has both of these purchases listed.  Is that acceptable for HP?  What else can I do?   Also when I recently installed a new HP Laser-jet M234dw it said that I had two of the HP Evy Pro 6455s, one with my serial number and another with a completely different serial #.  My guess is that this is coming from another of the same model that my wi-fi is picking up from my saturated downtown San Francisco.  Perhaps that one some how did something that effected my printer (maybe the other number was the one that was never under warranty? Please help. If that isn't enough I quickly have to return a package from T-Mobile using the label the sent me BUT i HAS TO BE PRINTED IN COLOR or they won't accept it.  **bleep** now I just returned an HP mono to Best Buy with a 4yr warranty and am awaiting its replacement, have the Envy Pro6455 not working and not acknowledged by HP And what the hell am I supposed to do, by another HP color printer which I just discovered that their warranty can magically disappear as well as all the interactions it had with HP over almost a year and a half!!!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@stevejsf

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

This situation will need some additional support from our internal teams in HP. For that to happen, we will give you additional instructions/information via Private Message.

Please do check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day! 

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, I'm brand new to participating in this forum. Unfortunately I'm afraid that by trying to say that your  post appears to be a great leap forward, I ended up saying that the problem is solved.  It is not.  Also I recently wrote you that I have found a couple of documents in my accumulated e-mail that show the original receipt  as well as another for $63.00 for the HP extended support.

Let me know what I can do to correct this "problem solved" thing if necessary.

Thankfully,

steve

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.