Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Web Jetadmin 10.4.109068 (10.4 SR7)
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 and older

Hi all,

I have installed HP Web Jetadmin 10.4.109068 (10.4 SR7) on a Win2012 R2 server. Unfortunately I have to issues with the installation and I think there is some dependency between the issues. 

The first issue is that the data collection is not working, I can add device to data collection, I get success notification but devices are still pending. Additionally, the device are not listed in the data collection overview. 

The second issue comes up after enabling the data collection. After a server reboot, the WJA cannot startet properly. I got a "Server Warning: A problem has occurred with the HP Web Jetadmin service. One or more components failed to load. Continue?"

Click on yes and Gui starts but I cannot use it. Click on a device or menu an unexpected error message appears and client will be closed. 

A repair or new install is not working.

Any ideas?

BR

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I've checked diagnostics page and it looks like it's an issue with the timezone settings, non-started components:

Non-Started components (3)

EventLogHistoryCollection Failure System.ArgumentNullException: "Value cannot be null. Parameter name: destTimeZone"

ReportsErrorHistory Failure HP.Imaging.Wjp.Sdk.Core.Framework.ComponentStateException: "Can't start component EventLogHistoryCollection(9fa76ca9-b4fb-4c8c-8aa0-b79077a02595) because initial attempt to start failed"

WcfHostComponent NotLicensed HP.Imaging.Wjp.Sdk.Core.Framework.ComponentStateException: "Can't start component WcfHostComponent(51ca6d87-4b60-421e-804d-d7248e10f2e4)"

HP Recommended

I can confirm it is a TimeZone issue we had the same issue and escalated it to HP who came back with the answer. 

This is what fixed my issue but not sure which TimeZone will be causing your issue - HP Provided a tool for me to run to diagnose this:

"modified the registry value under Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Time Zones\GMT Standard Time on the server from GMT Summer Time to GMT Daylight Time, restart the HPWJA service and the timezones populate as expected in data collection and the devices are added as normal."

HP Recommended

Where can i get/find this disgnostic tool?

I have the same error but registry seem ok.

However, my OS is in french Canadian.

The time zone are set properly for the OS.

HP Recommended

I have found my problem!

The server was running Windows 2008 R2 with French Canadian language as a base but i changed the language to English US with Web JetAdmin 10.4 SR1 to have the interface in English. It was working fine, even updated Web JetAdmin to SR4.

Then we had to upgrade to Windows 2019. The upgrade went fine excet for minor problems that got corrected early.

After a while i updated to SR7 and used to work fine until i enabled the Data Collection. That's when it all went to hell!

I was intrigued about the TimeZone and checked date and time settings which all were fine.

I then remembered about language settings for Admins and users. I copied the language setings to admins and users profiles.

Now working fine!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.