Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have an HP Officejet 4500 printer. I had to reinstall it, which I did. However, my FIOS connection recently changed by password.

I know this is not the passphrase. I don't know my passphrase. How do I find it? I have read alot of help on line, but guess I am not getting the right directions. HELP!!!!

Thank you 

Libby

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@libby7 

The passphrase is usually the password you use to log into your Wireless network.

Find Your Wireless WEP, WPA, WPA2 Password

Note that the password you use to log into your router / modem / network hardware is likely not the same as the password you use to connect to the Wireless network.

For example,

When you log into your router / modem using your own super-secret password, you can set the name of your home network, "who" or what can connect to it (MAC filtering, for example, to only allow certain phones, computers, or printers to connect).  Along with the name you will call your network, you can set the password folks must use to connect to Wireless.

When you connect to your home network with your phone, you must provide the wireless password (that you set when you were logged into the router / modem).  The Wireless password allows you to connect your device to the network.  Same for a printer or computer.

For example:

MyRouter password = VeryFancySecretPassword12345

Wireless Password = MyWirelessNetwork

Learn about connecting to your network:

User Guide 

Chapter 7 - Solve a problem - Pages 113-114

Sometimes it is just easier to set the printer back to network defaults and start over.

From your printer's How-to category:

No Connection after Router or Wi-Fi Settings Change

Reference and Resources – Places to find (more) help and learn about your Printer

Printer Homepage – “Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type

Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides, Product Information, more

HP Officejet 4500 All-in-One Printer Series - G510

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.