cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
Puddles_Gaming
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Windows 10 Pro Driver unavailable LaserJet M1217nfw MFP

HP Recommended
LaserJet M1217nfw MFP
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have windows 10 Pro and a Laserjet M1217nfw MFP laser printer.  I am unable to get drivers installed for the printer.  I have downloaded the correct installer from the HP website and it runs but doesn't seem able to install the software correctly.  I never see a completed install screen (which may be normal) but i also don't have any drivers that seem to work for my printer.  I even tried hooking it up via USB instead of having it as an IP addressed printer on my home network and even that didn't work.

Thank you,

Mike

1 REPLY 1
ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
30,803 30,520 5,270 12,238
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Mike,

Please ensure your operating system is fully up to date and then check for any difference.

Click Start > The gear icon > Update & Security and press the Check for Update button.

Be sure to complete any updates and repeat these steps till you press the Check for Updates button and get a result of your Windows is up to date, then check for any difference.

If you experience the same once completing any update, uninstall your printer software from Control Panel > Uninstall a Program, and then reinstall your latest printer software:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL32629/Im-80811-7/LJM1130_M1210_MFP_Full_Solution.exe

Note: if running the latest software only extracts and disappears without launching the installation, Click the Start button and type %temp% into the search bar, then open the shown Temp folder.
Open the latest HP installation folder which begins with 7z (e.g. 7zs1234)
Double click HpSetup.exe and follow the installation, then check for any difference.

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation