Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4520
Other

HP Envy 4520. Since moving to Windows 11 on new PC print options do not show Color, nor will front/back page printing work. Driver problem in Win 11??? copies color fine and was working just fine on old pc before drive died.

diagnostic tool will not find printer, nor complete scan to find issue.

Help!!

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try following below specific version of the HP Print and Scan Doctor Utility by selecting your printer:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/patches/HPPSdr.exe

Be sure to restart your PC and allow the utility to complete the process, then check for any difference.

Try printing and check for any change, if the same remains try printing using the newly added print queue copy (Copy1) and check for any difference.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hey

if you have not try,  you may try to uninstall and reinstall the Software and driver. An then add the printer manually through IP address. I hope this will help

HP Recommended

Hello. I had the same problem. This is a driver issue. You see, when I upgraded to Windows 11, My PC only allowed me to print in grayscale or monochrome. I  just figured that when you upgrade, you also have to upgrade most HIDs (Human-Interface-Device). So either try upgrading your printer driver, or inserting the CD.

HP Recommended

Hey

if you have not try,  you may try to uninstall and reinstall the Software and driver. An then add the printer manually through IP address. This method helps resolve some of the issue like this for some users....I hope it works for you too 

HP Recommended

printer was ok on win 7, after upgrade to win 11 :This is a driver issue. You see, when I upgraded to Windows 11, My PC only allowed me to print in grayscale or monochrome. Reinstalling printer do not change this problem !!!

please help

HP Recommended

While HP insists Envy 4520 (https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_4839960-4840167-16) is Window 11 compatible, it has been giving me hell (printing in black & white, unable to do scanning every now & then). Tried all sorts of suggested fixes (uninstall & install, update driver, stop & run WIA under services.msc ...), but problems keep recurring. Can HP help solve these annoying problems by doing something to the Print & Scan Doctor or other utilities. I have no choice but resort to printing / scanning stuffs on my vintage laptop running Windows 10 (and at times via the iPhone).. How frustrating!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.