Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp Photosmart 6510e 211a
macOS 10.15 Catalina

hp photosmart 6510e 211a,  operating system os Big Sur. Mac 19,2. will print, wireless and print from computer.

Does not scan to computer, error at printer says computer not found.  Using cable from printer to computer.  Tried numerous times to install and uninstall printer, get message damage will result with some software.  Not sure, but think the scan to computer was ok until I downloaded os Big Sur.

did get error 901-

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HP Photosmart 6510 worked always fine until MacBook was updated to OS Big Sur Version 11.1.

Printing (wireless via wifi) is stil possible, but scanning documents (using program (HP Scan 3) does not work and shows errors.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

HP Photosmart 6510 worked always fine until MacBook was updated to OS Big Sur Version 11.1.

Printing (wireless via wifi) is stil possible, but scanning documents (using program (HP Scan 3) does not work and shows errors.

HP Recommended

I managed to get it to work on Big Sur, but I have an HP ENVY 5540 all in one. Try to reset the printer settings under "printers and scanners" in System Preferences for Mac, and add the printer to it again. Also downloaded HP Easy Start, and when you get to the software installation, uncheck the easy scan box and install only the essential software. Then, open HP Utility by going to Finder--> Go--> Applications-->HP folder. If HP Utility connects to your printer there should be an option "Scan to Computer" that needs to be enabled. 

HP Recommended

Solution was simper than expected. I removed the HP programs (HP Utility and HP Scan 3) and reinstalled the printer as described bij Apple. It works even better then before; the printer can do double side printing, could do that before 😉

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.