Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi @Friendly_77m,

What exact problem do you experience when you try to print?

Do you see any specific error message or behavior occurs?

Please try following below version of the HP Print and Scan Doctor Utility by selecting your printer and check if this may show any difference results:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/patches/HPPSdr.exe

Be sure to restart your PC and allow the utility to complete the process, then check for any difference.

Try printing and check for any change, if the same remains try printing using the newly added print queue copy and check.

If the same persists, be sure to let me know the exact problem you are facing.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thank you ShlomiL,

I was able to resolve the issue of not being able to uninstall the driver following the HP PC Solution section.  However, I was still unable to print after reinstalling the HP driver.  It took me longer that I expected to figure out my issue but it just turn out to be an IP conflict on my network.  

I ran a network analyzer saw and saw the problem, apparently after I had rebooted my router another device was assigned the IP that I reserve for my Printer.   After I resolved the IP conflict everything worked normally again.

HP Recommended

Hi.

Thank you for your reply, SchlomiL! It's always nice when someone is trying to help me. 🙂

I would've liked to have mentioned your name in such a way that it was "tagged" or highlighted, but I don't know how to do it. I would've liked to do that with the name of the previous person (Riddle_Decipher) who tried to help me too, but since I didn't know how to do it, I left it. Please can someone tell me how to do it, so that I know that for the future?

Anyway, to answer your questions, SchlomiL, I have different experiences when I try to print. During the last weeks, I've sometimes been able to print and other times not. I don't know why it has worked now and then, but in any case I keep on getting an error message coming up on the side of my computer screen that tells me that something is not right, so there seems to be a serious problem going on, so that the printer won't work all the time.

When I do experience a problem and no printing has taken place, I get up the mentioned error message on the bottom right corner of my screen immediately when I've clicked on "Print". I think this message has come up every time I've tried printing lately, and also those times when the printing actually has come (but I'm not totally sure about that last point). It may have just showed up when the printing doesn't happen, but the way I remember it now it has come up both when the printing has happened and when it hasn't. Anyway it says roughly this in Norwegian: Your printer needs operator intervention. It also says some extra words after that, but I can't remember it now and haven't managed to get that message up again during the last minutes.

Anyway, when I try to print something, I go and check to see if any page has come out, and lately no page has come out, and those times the printer hasn't seemed to work the last weeks, then the printer has looked unresponsive, as if it hasn't been given any message about printing something.

When I don't manage to print anything, then I try to get help from Print and Scan Doctor, and then it has sometimes offered me to do print a test page, and I've tried that sometimes, but when things haven't worked, then the test page hasn't come out. Then I've been offered to print an internal test page, and I've tried that a lot lately, and that has worked.

Thank you for your link, ShlomiL. I tried using it, and after it had responded I was told that another version of the programme was in use, so I think that I have the same version of Print and Scan Doctor as you sent me in your link.

Many times lately, I've been told that I need to uninstall my printer and then install it with new versions for it. Now I feel stuck because I finally managed to do both those things yesterday, I thought, but again I couldn't print and was again told in the end of using Print and Scan Doctor as mentioned, as I mentioned yesterday, to uninstall my printer.

Some minutes ago I tried using the Print and Scan Doctor again, but this time I was told "Your product seems to be working fine". Then I skipped trying a test page and an internal test page. Now things are just "locked" as I don't get any print outs, and I don't know what to do.

By the way, I'm wondering about what to do about the first reply I got to my initial message in this thread. It was a very helpful message that helped me with the issue of uninstalling and installing my printer, as I managed to get that all done after getting the help I got in that message, so in that way it was a solution, but it didn't solve my whole problem situation with my printer, so I'm not sure whether to mark it as an accepted solution or not.

I'm not familiar with writing on these kinds of forums, and I'm not an expert on technical matters, so please bear with me when I'm not sure about all these things or don't understand everything you in this community write to me.

By the way not long ago, I noticed a notification about one more reply having been given me to my question, so I'll read that soon. I need to send this post first, though, so I'll do that.

I'm a Norwegian lady living in the UK. My computer is bought in Norway, so that's why it's all in Norwegian.

By the way it's very tiring and disturbing for my life when my printer doesn't work, as I use it a lot for my private and professional life. I often use it many times a week. So I hope that someone or many people can contribute to help me in my situation. Hopefully my printer will be working normally again soon.

Have a good day everyone! 😊

Best wishes from me,

Friendly_77

HP Recommended

Hi.

Thank you for your input, 97SpiderGS.

I'm wondering if perhaps the issue you had could be the same one I'm having. Perhaps I should try doing what you did. However, I'm not sure how to do it all.

How can I find out whether there is a conflict on my network or not? And where do I find a network analyzer?

Best wishes,

Friendly_77

HP Recommended

Hi Friendly_77,

You can analyse your home network by opening up a command prompt (Type "CMD" without the quotes in the search bar.

Next type "arp -a" without the quotes to view your home network.  When you issue the “arp -a”, you’ll get IP-address-to-mac conversion and the allocation type (whether dynamic or static) of all devices in your network.

When I found the conflict, I just changed the IP of the conflicting device on my network and my printer worked fine after that.

I have most of my network devices set up with static IP addresses except  for my smart phones.  One of them had randomly grabbed my printers IP address and caused the issue that I was experiencing. 

This may or may not be your issue but it can't hurt to check.

Eric

HP Recommended

Hi.

Thank you for your reply, 97SpyderGS.

It took a while before I finally managed to find a good way for me to write a socalled command promt somewhere. I had never done that before and had to read online about it to try to find out where to write it. I didn't know what you meant when you wrote "the search bar", and I ended up finding out there were many ways of writing command promts.

Anyway, I managed to get it done in the end and saw a list of IP addressess in the end, but it didn't help me much, as I couldn't see whether there was a conflict on the network or not and wasn't sure what all the information in front of me meant.

I also wondered why wasn't the IP addresses of all the phone devices in the house coming up. Also it didn't look like my computer's IP address came up, but I did find the printer's IP address, and it was set as dynamic. I don't know if that's a big deal in my case or not, that the printer was set as dynamic.

Anyway, I'd still like to get a response from someone to the last message I wrote where I explained about my whole printer situation. I've also got more information to add now.

The other day my husband tried printing from his iPhone, and that worked, so the printer works in that way, and the printer prints with no problem from my husband's iPhone, but it doesn't print when I try printing from my laptop.

I hope to get some help in this situation soon.

Best wishes,

Friendly_77

HP Recommended

I have an officejet pro 8024 fully installed and an old software for HP Envy 5530 which wont uninstall due  to error 5, admin permission.  Any help you can provide in removing thsi would be greatly appreciated

HP Recommended

Hi @Yellowprint,

• From the search bar type CMD, right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.
  • Copy the following command, then right-click the Command Prompt dialog and select Paste, then press Enter till any command completes processing:
    takeown /f %windir%\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository /r /d y
    icacls "%windir%\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository" /grant %username%:(OI)(CI)F /T
    takeown /f %windir%\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository /A /r /d y
     Note: This provides your user full permissions to the File Repository system folder
    Note: if you receive any Syntax error and your operating system language is in a different language than English, review the following Takeown command documentation from Microsoft for your language and modify the syntax accordingly.
  • From the Start menu click the Gear icon, select Apps and uninstall the HP Basic Device Software for your printer and evaluate the error message, then close the Uninstall dialog.
  • Right-click the Start button and select Run, then paste the following path and press OK:

%windir%\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository
  • Locate and delete only the HP Folder listed in the error message.
    Example: following below error message, delete the hpwia_pw477dw.inf_amd64_efa093991b821954 folder as an example:
    DriverPackageUninstallError5HP.png
  • From the Start menu click the Gear icon, select Apps, and uninstall the HP Basic Device Software for the HP Envy printer, it should now be removed.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

syntax worked perfectly..  it only took me a day and half to figure it out, but your info worked like a charm

Matti
HP Recommended

Will these steps work for me? My HP deskjet 2600 has all of a sudden stopped printing too. Doesn't communicate with the laptop.

I can print from my phone but not windows 10.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.