Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP M680f printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good Day

I had gotten a HP M680 printer (manufactured in 2016). It did not come with a HDD. I replaced it with a new Toshiba 2.5" 500 GB HDD. Then I downloaded HP futuresmart bundle 4 firmware on the printer by using USB drive (downloaded from HP website). The firmware was downloaded successfully and the copy, fax etc options came up on the screen, but it is  also showing an error message of 30.01.41 scanner failure. I had shut down the printer and restarted it, but that error is still there.  The questions are:

1. Did I download right firmware or should it be firmware 3?

2. If it should be firmware 3, how can I change it?

3. How to fix scanner failure error?

4. How can I connect this printer to wi-fi. I searched menu on the printer screen and I could not find an option for wi-fi. I may have missed something.

5. Ink toner: is it recommended to use a compatible toners rather than hp toner to save cost?

Please help.

Thanks, 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

1. You can use firmware FS 3 or FS 4 doesn't matter what works best for you.

2. Download it from the hp.com on a USB drive insert it in the printer and you can downgrade it from printers menu.

3. It depends, there are several reasons you might have a scanner failure error.

4. There is no wi-fi on your printer, you need to buy wi-fi accessory to make it wireless.

5. Using compatible toners have advantages and disadvantages, there is no strict rule. 

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

thanks for the response. How can I get scanner failure (error 30.01.41) fixed? What accessories do I need to make it wireless?

HP Recommended

For wi-fi, HP has accessory you can buy and attach to the printer HP Jetdirect 2700w

You can find service and troubleshooting manual on google.

Screenshot from 2020-10-04 19_55_02.png

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.