I had gotten a HP M680 printer (manufactured in 2016). It did not come with a HDD. I replaced it with a new Toshiba 2.5" 500 GB HDD. Then I downloaded HP futuresmart bundle 4 firmware on the printer by using USB drive (downloaded from HP website). The firmware was downloaded successfully and the copy, fax etc options came up on the screen, but it is also showing an error message of 30.01.41 scanner failure. I had shut down the printer and restarted it, but that error is still there. The questions are:
1. Did I download right firmware or should it be firmware 3?
2. If it should be firmware 3, how can I change it?
3. How to fix scanner failure error?
4. How can I connect this printer to wi-fi. I searched menu on the printer screen and I could not find an option for wi-fi. I may have missed something.
5. Ink toner: is it recommended to use a compatible toners rather than hp toner to save cost?
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".