cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
DonFL
1 1 0 0
Message 11 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for posting the procedure on your website https://www.merlinsilk.com/hp-disabled-my-printer/

In my case, the 20201021 version killed both Ethernet and Wi-Fi ports and puts the printer into an endless reboot cycle. Fortunately the USB port still works.

After sharing the printer, I entered this command at the prompt:

copy /b M280_M281_firmware_20200612.rfu \\Laptop-mo9vhifh\m281

Unfortunately when I use that copy command (even in Admin mode), the printer only prints these three lines on a page and stops:

[ZoneTransfer]

ZoneId=3

ReferrerUrl=C:\\Users\Don\Downloads\HP\M280-M281_firmware_20200612.zip

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
GunterZ
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 12 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry, no good idea. I would only like to remark, that you are facing very different problems than I did. Your printer still prints while mine did not, so mine would have been unable to print the three lines as yours does.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation