Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 All-in-One Printer

This is the same exact question that may have been solved privately but we have no way to know. Therefore I am asking it again on my behalf. The original question is linked below and my situation is exactly the same. There is an old printer, not connected that cannot be deleted and I do not want to see it any more.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Setup-Software-Drivers/how-to-remove-printer-from-HP-Account/t...

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@sagantech 

Welcome to the HP Community --

Not sure what would have been in a Private message --

You can certainly try to remove the printer from your HP Account > My Devices > Dashboard.

True -- removing a printer from your HP Smart / HP Connected account is different from removing from the Dashboard.

True, too, if the unwanted (and disconnected) printer cannot be convinced to show up so you can Remove it, you might indeed need an agent's help.  Agents do have access to private information that we (not-HP-people) cannot see.

Try the following -- if it doesn't work, then we can ask for help and hope for that option.

Where to look...

There are a few places to check and "remove" the unwanted printers and other devices, including those shown in the examples below.

Start here

-------------------- --------------------

Example - HP Account Dashboard

Management / Device Lists / Warranty and Product Information

HP Account - Login / Dashboard

Scroll to the bottom of the web page to change the region.

HP My Devices list, Cases, Warranty information, How-to / Troubleshooting, Product and Service information, Add or Delete a device

HP_Account_Dashboard_7HP_Account_Dashboard_7

HP Support Assistant (if installed)

HPSA might not have your old device listed -- check if you think it useful to do so.

HPSA_Profile_Remove_Device_3HPSA_Profile_Remove_Device_3

PRINTERS...

Printer Recycle, Donation / Donate, or Sale

Prepare an HP printer for recycling or resale

Example - Windows > HP Smart - App 

HP Smart > Printer Settings

Scroll down left column > Hide Printer

HP_Smart_Win_Main_Menu_5HP_Smart_Win_Main_Menu_5

------------------- --------------------

Example - HP Smart / HP Connected

This is where ePrint printers are listed and those printers that are Print Anywhere enabled

Printers / Allowed Users “HP Connected”

HP Smart / HP Connected Login

Click Flag to switch to your region

Account Dashboard

Select Printers > In Section Printer Options > Click Manage Printer Settings

HP_Smart_Connected_Edit_ePrint_Address_3HP_Smart_Connected_Edit_ePrint_Address_3

HP Device Home Page - References and Resources

Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

NOTE: Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories: Alerts, Warranty Check, Security & Viruses, Software & Drivers, Setup & User Guides, Product Specifications, Accounts and Registration, Warranty & Repair

Open

Product Home

Enter the device type and model name of your HP product

OR

Select a saved product from HP Account Dashboard

Thank you for participating in the HP Community --

People who own, use, and support HP devices.

Click Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click my Post "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

So I did the first part and it worked to remove my printer but it is still not removed from HP Smart (not as smart as it should be). When I follow your direction for removing from HP Smart I get the picture below. There is no option for removing device.Hp Printer.png

HP Recommended

@sagantech 

It was worth a try...

You could try opening the Manage Printer Settings

OR

If you have not done so,

Click Solutions (left column) 

Other Solutions 

If you see the "Print by email" message, click the little blue "right-arrow"

If the unwanted printer shows up (along with the printer you want to keep),

Click on "Change Settings" > Remove Printer

Check the right side of the example:

HP_Smart_Connected_Edit_ePrint_Address_3HP_Smart_Connected_Edit_ePrint_Address_3

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Missing printer does not appear in "Other solutions"

HP Recommended

@sagantech 

Unfortunate --

I'll send a notice for review to the moderator team.

Should there be a response, look for a message here before the agent uses other means to contact you.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hi @sagantech ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand you are trying to remove an HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 All-In-One Printer from your HP account, you can follow these steps:

• Sign In to HP Smart: Go to the HP Smart website or open the HP Smart app on your computer or mobile device. Sign in with your HP account credentials.
  • Access Printers: Once signed in, navigate to the "Printers" section. Here, you should see a list of printers associated with your account.
  • Select the Printer: Locate the printer you want to remove from the list. Click on the printer to select it.
  • Remove Printer: Look for an option to remove or delete the printer from your account. This option might be represented by a trash bin icon or a "Remove" button. Click on it to initiate the removal process.
  • Confirm Removal: You may be prompted to confirm the removal of the printer from your account. Confirm your action to proceed.
  • Verify Removal: Once confirmed, the printer should be removed from your HP account. You might need to refresh the page or restart the HP Smart app to see the changes.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.