Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

We recently abandonned the Netgear solution for this printer -- we changed to a Eero mesh wifi system and the Netgear is no longer operating as a router on the network. I managed to get the wireless set up on the P1102w by installing the full software package that is posted under the P1109w (as suggested by another post on this thread).

It worked for me so now the 1102w is back to wireless operation! Yeah!

Personally I don't think I will buy another wireless/USB printer. Any replacement printer now will need to have ethernet port built in.

HP Recommended

I had the exact same problem.

It finally started working when I selected the "Install USB' option (since I had a USB cable.)  The USB setup process took me pretty quickly to the wireless setup screen.  And, this time, it showed a list of available WiFi networks.  I used the manual option to enter my wifi password.

I wonder if the problem we were having with the Wireless option might have been solved by pressing the WPS button on the router (or power-cycling the router)  just before selecting the Wireless installation option. That could explain why the automatic process doesn't ask for us to type in a password...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.