Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet P1102W

I have problems with my HP Laserjet P1102W ... the latest version was installed on my macOS BIG SUR 11.0 and I cannot make the printer work; Do you recommend any solution please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try following below version of the HP Easy Start Utility:
https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Installations/Essentials/ASU/HP_Easy_St...

As soon as you open HP Easy Start, click the top HP Easy Start menu and select Uninstall HP Software...
Read any warnings that display, and then click Continue. When prompted, type your administrator user name and password and follow the steps on screen.
Click Set Up New Device, and then follow the instructions to reinstall your printer with HP Easy Start and let me know if that may resolve the problem.

If that fails too, open HP Easy Start again, from the HP Easy Start menu select Preferences.
Click on HP Easy Start.log and the log folder will launch, please send me a Private Message with the log file attached.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try following below version of the HP Easy Start Utility:
https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Installations/Essentials/ASU/HP_Easy_St...

As soon as you open HP Easy Start, click the top HP Easy Start menu and select Uninstall HP Software...
Read any warnings that display, and then click Continue. When prompted, type your administrator user name and password and follow the steps on screen.
Click Set Up New Device, and then follow the instructions to reinstall your printer with HP Easy Start and let me know if that may resolve the problem.

If that fails too, open HP Easy Start again, from the HP Easy Start menu select Preferences.
Click on HP Easy Start.log and the log folder will launch, please send me a Private Message with the log file attached.

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Hello!

The driver that worked for me.

Technical consultation:

How can I speed up the Wi-Fi printing is very slow.

HP Recommended

I tried uninstalling the HP software, but there's no place where I can then install the drivers for the LaserJet 1300. Your message said to Private Message you, but I could find no way to do that.

HP Recommended

Hey,

You should now be able to access private messaging

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Thank you again! I don't know how to mark this as an acceptable solution, but your advice worked!!!!!!!

HP Recommended

I have been unable to install my LaserJet CM1415fnw after installing BigSur.  Easy Setup shows the printer on the first screen  but when you try to install the printer, it can't find the printer.

HP Recommended

Please provide me the log via a private message as listed on my previous reply @RLSkinner, you should be able to access private messaging shortly, then you should be able to send me a private message

HP Recommended

Hi Shlomi. I also have issues getting my Color LaserJet CP1025 printing on my new MacBook Pro M1 with Big Sur 11.1. The setup is wireless via a Time Capsule the printer is connected to via USB (also tried direct USB connection with identical results). I could set up the printer, but the printing always aborted quickly with some "Filter" issue. Following your instructions in this threat worked so far and deinstalled all drives, but there seems to be no new driver for Easy Start to install, so now only the drivers are gone. Would you mind me sending you the log file, too? Guess I would need some additional activation to do so though. Thanks a lot in advance.

HP Recommended

I reinstalled the software.

But the Mac still couldn't connect with USB cable or WIFI.

Any thoughts?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.