Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3050 j610

Hi, I'm new in the community. 

Since I bought a New Mac M1 with OS Big Sur last year I've tried everything to work with my DeskJet 3050 J610.

No Driver No App No assistance.

Do I really need to buy a new printer or Is there any suggestion to use a different way to print?

Thanks a lot

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @MatteoP,

I'd like to help!

HP Deskjet 3050 All-in-One Printer series for macOS 11 is not available from the HP website or Apple Software Update. However, Gutenprint (formerly called Gimp-Print) provides open-source basic print drivers for many printers that would otherwise not be supported in Mac OS X. To see if your printer is supported, go to Gutenprint drivers for more information.

NOTE: Gutenprint drivers are not supported by HP or Apple.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

I had the same problem. I have a 6-month old iMac and a 7-year-old printer. I installed Big Sur up to version 11.2.1 and that worked fine. Then on March 5th at noon, I updated to OS11.2.2. Suddenly, my printer would not work with Photoshop nor Illustrator and I had a client project due on Saturday. I had to print it out but could. I kept getting error messages. Depending on what I was printing and which software I was using, I'd get slightly different error messages. Most seemed to point to printer description problems, color management issues, or driver-related problems. Googling similar problems and so-called solutions did nothing. I tried updating my printer drivers but it won't install with the error message stating, "Cannot run install due to conflict". No idea why that was except the driver was really for OS10.5.1, although it was created in November 2020. What to do?

I suddenly came up with a plan. Since I updated the OS to 11.2.2, maybe using Time Machine, going back to OS 11.2.1 may work. I had to try it so I did. It was a version from 1.13 am the same day, but it was OS 11.2.1. SO I tried. There were two noticeable results:

1) My OS after installing 11.2.1 from a Time Machine backup was still left OS11.2.2 running. I wasn't expecting that but OS11.2.2 is now installed for good I think. The Time Machine backup only took about 5-minutes to install, which also surprised me.

2) My printer now works with all my installed software. I am not too afraid to turn my computer off... just in case

My best case as to why this worked, because my printer was bought back in 2012, is that Big Sur 11.2.2 installed new versions of files designed to stop old printer drivers, or while installing 11.2.2 it corrupted a file or two, perhaps a keep printer driver file, which the Time Machine backup replaced with a good copy or an older copy. However, I am too happy to try to figure this out. Now I live in fear of future updates and turning off my computer.

I hope this helps someone because I am getting tired of Apple forcing me to buy a new printer every 5 or so years. I lost the use of so many good printers, scanners, and software with their updates.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.