Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
P1606dn and P3015
macOS 11.0 Big Sur

I am unable to find the driver for these two printers for macOS Big Sur or even macOS Catalina.

- HP LaserJet P1606dn

- HP LaserJet P3015

I have tried using HP Easy Admin, HP Easy Start, and the support website.

On my Mac, I added the printer via USB and via IP and it didn't get the correct driver. I even tried doing an Apple Software Update to get the latest driver that way.

Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Good Evening,

Hope you are well, please try to go to system preferences > printers and scanners > click the + and select under the Use category, Generic PS printer. Add the printer and test printing. 

Regards,

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

An HP employee suggested that a satisfactory solution to a non functioning HP LaserJet P1606dn on Big Sur is to use the GenericPostScript Printer when adding the printer in system settings > printers & scanners > clicking on the + sign. That did not work on my 2020 MacBookAir with Big Sur 11.4. 

HP Recommended

Hello,

Hope you are well, if the generic PS driver does not connect, please download and update the package of HP drivers from this link  drivers HP v5.1 

Once the update is done, go to system settings > printers & scanners > clicking on the + sign , select the printer name , it should be listed as USB multi function , where it says Use : please click "Select Software" and  type in the printer model or select again the generic PS. 

Or other install option is to get HP easy start and run the installer application , here is the link

Regards,

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

I haven't yet tried this newest proposal but I will when I have time. I have however tried HP easy start (twice) - being careful to follow instructions - but that did not work as advertised.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.