Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 5055 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Bonjour,

j'ai bcp de mal à installer une mise à jour du Pilote, ou du logiciel, concernant mon imprimante HP ENVY 5032,

car le logiciel HP Doctor me renvoit à 1 lien, qui ne fonctionne pas, pour télécharger la nouvelle version du Pilote

J'ai donc essayé le lien fourni sur l'écran de mon imprimante, directement. Encore pire : la connexion est non sécurisée, le système ne me reconnait pas, alors que j'avais bien enregistré mon Imprimante, lorsque je l'avais installée, il y a quelques années, et que je n'ai pas changé d'adresse mail, depuis.

J'ai donc re-créé 1 compte avec ma boîte mail,

mais le système semble ne pas connaître les HP ENVY 5032,

il reconnait pourtant le N° de série de mon produit, comme existant, mais persiste à me dire qu'il s'agit d'une HP ENVY 5055.

De plus, le système m'attribue 1 système d'exploitation que je n'ai pas ; je lui ai précisé que j'ai Windows 7 32 bits, d'accord ;

je n'ai pas de possibilité d'avoir de l'aide sur le tchat virtuel, qui me renvoit sur 1 lien non sécurisé, d'où mon Système de Protection m'invite vertement à ne pas rester du tout,

je n'ai pas trouvé moyen de téléphoner à la moindre personne, ni tchatter avec 1 technicien de la Sté HP ENVY..., car en demandant les moyens de contact, on ne me propose que de payer 20 € et quelques pour avoir le droit d'avoir 1 technicien au bout du fil. Est-ce normal ? ou suis-je tombée sur 1 faux site de la Société ??

Finalement, j'ai trouvé 1 lien de connexion avec la Sté HP HENVY qui semble plus sécurisé, en faisant la recherche sur mon navigateur, directement, et là, j'ai trouvé cette possibilité d'accéder à votre Forum, où j'espère pouvoir trouver 1 petit conseil,

car je ne sais pas comment faire :

Sans télécharger 1 nouvelle version du Pilote, mon imprimante ne peut plus scanner,

Peut-on me confirmer ici la nouvelle version du Pilote que je dois télécharger, et comment, et en passant par quel lien ? car, ici, ma fenêtre de téléchargement me prévient que c'est trèèès risqué.. alors, avec tous mes déboires du jour, je n'ose plus prendre le risque grrr

Je précise que j'ai déjà mis à jour le programme, qui gère l'imprimante, depuis mon ordinateur,  en passant par Scan Doctor,

mais que celui-ci me demande ensuite, pour cause d'une erreur constatée sur le Pilote qui ne serait pas à jour, de "désinstaller" puis "réinstaller" le programme du périphérique, en cliquant d'abord sur "désinstaller" puis en téléchargeant la dernière version du logiciel complet, à partir d'un lien "recommandé" qui n'aboutit à rien,

et que quand je clique sur le bouton "désinstaller", ce programme me répond que je dois d'abord "installer" la nouvelle version du logiciel,

Alors, finalement, je ne sais plus quoi faire. Ni où le faire... Pourriez-vous m'aider, svp ??????

D avance Merciiiiiiii bcp !! 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey @marie-831 🙂

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Community. We advise you to post your question in English to insure a quick response for the Community.This can also help other users to take advantage of your post, in the case they have the same question.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

MarcusC

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have a lot of trouble installing a driver or software update for my HP ENVY 5032 printer,

because the HP Doctor software sends me to 1 link, which does not work, to download the new version of the Driver

So I tried the link provided on my printer screen, directly. Even worse: the connection is not secure, the system does not recognize me, although I had registered my Printer correctly, when I had installed it, a few years ago, and that I did not change my address mail, since.

So I re-created 1 account with my mailbox,

but the system seems not to know the HP ENVY 5032,

it nevertheless recognizes the serial number of my product, as existing, but persists in telling me that it is an HP ENVY 5055.

Also, the system assigns me 1 operating system that I do not have; I told him that I have Windows 7 32 bits, okay;

I have no possibility of getting help on the virtual chat, which sends me back to 1 unsecured link, from where my Protection System strongly invites me not to stay at all,

I haven't found a way to call anyone, or chat with a technician from HP ENVY..., because when asking for the means of contact, I'm only offered to pay 20 € and a few to have 1 technician on the phone. Is this normal? or did I come across 1 fake Company website??

Finally, I found 1 connection link with the HP HENVY Company which seems more secure, by searching on my browser, directly, and there, I found this possibility of accessing your Forum, where I hope to be able to find 1 little advice,

because I don't know how to do it:

Without downloading 1 new version of the Driver, my printer can no longer scan,

Can someone confirm for me here the new version of the Driver that I must download, and how, and via which link? because, here, my download window warns me that it's very risky.. so, with all my setbacks of the day, I no longer dare to take the risk grrr

I specify that I have already updated the program, which manages the printer, from my computer, via Scan Doctor,

but that it then asks me, because of an error noted on the Driver which would not be up to date, to "uninstall" then "reinstall" the program from the peripheral, by first clicking on "uninstall" then by downloading the latest version of the full software, from a "recommended" link that does nothing,

and that when I click on the "uninstall" button, this program tells me that I must first "install" the new version of the software,

So, finally, I don't know what to do anymore. Or where to do it... Could you help me, please ??????

In advance Thank you so much!! 🙂

Excuse me for my bad English, because I'm French and my school is about a looong loooong time ago )

Thank you again 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi @marie-831,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd like to help!

I understasnd you are unable to scan with the old drivers.

Let's try and uninstall the printer software from the root level on your PC and install the full feature printer software.

First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.

• Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP printer entries and uninstall them.
    • Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Click the bottom-left Start button on desktop, type device manager in the search box and tap Device Manager on the menu.
    • Once in device manager, click on the view tab in the top & choose “Show hidden devices”.
    • Then from the device manager list, check the entries under “Printer” – If there are any entries, please right click and choose “uninstall” – In the confirm device un-install pop-up, make sure you select the box which says “Delete the driver software for this device". 
    • Also, check the entries under "printer queue" and "imaging devices" and repeat the same exercise. Delete any printer entry or any entry which says “Unknown device”.
    • Once done, close device-manger. Then press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" and press enter.
    • Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
    • Again, go running window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
    • Once done you can try cleaning out your temporary files and cached files. You can try using automated applications like some cleaner software's that you can download from the internet.
    • Now restart your computer again.
    • Open the Run window again, type “services.msc” and press ok to get services window.
    • Scroll down to “Remote Procedure Call (RPC)” – right-click and go to properties. Make sure the service is started and startup type is “Automatic”.
    • Now scroll up and go to “Function Discovery Provider Host” – right-click and select properties – Change the startup type to “manual” and start the service.
    • Repeat the same exercise on “Function Discovery Resource Publication” as well
    • Windows image acquisition stop and restart the service 

Install all the available Windows updates

If it is been a while since you updated your Windows, that is the main reason why Windows says your HP printer driver is unavailable. Here are the steps how to do a Windows Update to install all accessible operating system update.

If you are accessing Windows 10, then these steps are for you.

1. Hit the Start menu and write an update. After that, click on the “Check for updates” option.
  2. Tap on the “Check for updates” option.
  3. After clicking on that option, Windows will install the updates automatically.
  4. When Windows completes all its updates, start your computer again and attempt to print a file to check if your printer works.

Reinstall the drivers from the Software and drivers page

If the error persists, Try installing the printer with windows built-in driver

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.