Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I have the same problem here from switzerland, like many Mac users from the last 24 hours. it started with hpPreProcessing.filter, fixed it by reinitialisation of printer on system settings and restart mac, then fax.backbend appeared, tried same fix, then

HPDM.framework

no way to print right now!

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@jpe-ch 

Yes, it is a known issue that recently appeared.

I don't have any newer information.

Lots of reported incidents, of course.

This article appeared yesterday:

Some Mac users being warned that Amazon Music app and HP drivers are malware

The problem was reported to our Moderator group yesterday.

When there is news / solution / update / "something", I suspect we will all know.

"We Wait".

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

thanks, let's expect a quick official feedback from HP, since this seems to impact so many people

HP Recommended

I can AirPrint from my devices. It appears to be a mac corruption problem?

HP Recommended

The suggestion from one expert here is found in this post https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/any-hp-printer-gives-me-the-error-Stopped-The-file-p...

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

The solution is to download (and install) this package which will update drivers AND THE CERTIFICATE:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Installations/Essentials/hp-printer-essen...

Easy Admin did nothing. Easy Startup did nothing. 5.1 drivers did nothing. This worked for me!

HP Recommended

@BryanCustomPure 

Thanks.

Yes, I did just finally run across this solution in a thread authored by one of our HP people.

Seems to be the right approach.

Thanks for confirming this worked for you.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

That fix worked inasmuch as I can now print from the Mac, but every time I do so, I get a new message that "Matterhorn.framework" will damage your computer. Still prints, but I have to click past 2 of these warnings to do so. 

HP Recommended

Thanks to Repairatrooper and IronBadger for the posts.  I had the problem of trying to print and having multiple messages pop up that certain files (PDE.plugin or matterhorn.framework) would damage my computer.  I am on a MacBook Pro running OS 10.15.7 and trying to bring to an HP OfficeJet 8720 all-in-one.

It took over 24 hours for me to find the correct resources to fix the problem.  Your posts were the best.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.