Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 2810e All-in-One Printer

my HP Deskjet 2800 e-series keep saying it's out of paper even though I've added paper to it

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @ANNIE1012 ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand  your HP DeskJet 2800 e-series printer keeps saying it's out of paper even though you've added paper, there could be a few reasons for this issue:

• Paper Size or Type Mismatch: Ensure that the paper loaded in the printer matches the paper size and type settings in the printer's control panel or print driver settings on your computer.
  • Paper Tray Alignment: Make sure the paper is loaded properly in the paper tray and that it is aligned correctly. Sometimes, if the paper is not aligned properly, the printer may not detect it.
  • Paper Jam: Check for any paper jams inside the printer. Even a small piece of torn paper can trigger the "out of paper" error message.
  • Dirty Sensors or Rollers: Dust or debris on the paper sensors or rollers can interfere with the printer's ability to detect paper. Clean these components according to the printer's user manual instructions.
  • Software or Firmware Issue: Sometimes, a software glitch or outdated firmware can cause this issue. Try updating the printer's firmware to the latest version available from the HP website. Update the firmware on an HP printer
  • Reset the Printer: Power off the printer, disconnect it from the power source, wait for a few minutes, then reconnect it and power it on. This can sometimes resolve temporary issues with the printer's sensors.

Refer to this document:  HP DeskJet 2800e All-in-One Printer series User manual

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.