Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4510 and HP Office Jet Pro 8610
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have 2 HP printers, one 8610 series Office jet pro and the other HP Envy 4510 series. Both are "Ink Jet" printers & both print the incorrect, black test pages from step 2 of the Print & Scan Doctor If I select the test page on step 2, the printers (both) print a totally black ink page. I've had the same problem for several days now .However the "printer test page" from Windows 10 "Settings" , "Printers and Scanners" prints OK.(on both printers) I'm considering another brand of printer, but my loyalty is to HP even though I'm beginning to wonder if it is justified.The problem is probably associated with my other problem,which is: The SMART program will not find my printer either. I have spent weeks trying to find a solution among HP's myriad of diagnostics,and various suggestions, etc with "no success." Please,Help when you can. Thanks in advance. The problem doesn't seem to be related to "network not finding the printer," because both printers are still printing the black pages in step 2 of "Print and Scan Doctor." I semi-full reset the printer IAW Asmita6658 your guidance was "clear and spot on," Asmita6658. & I can now use the"wireless setup wizard" to put the printers on my network I will cut and paste my reply in the "feedback" for "Print and Scan Doctor".  Any suggestions for a fix to the problem of the "Black Page"?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@pmgravy

I recommend you delete the driver and root level and retry, follow the steps below: 

1) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 

2) Select your HP Printer 

3) Select Uninstall 

4) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 

5) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’ 

6) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo. 

7) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe”

😎 Click on the “Drivers” tab 

9) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 

10) Select Ok 

11) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows 

12) Close Devices and Printers.

Use this link to download and install the new driver. Configure the printer and try printing.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@pmgravy, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To be able to assist you better, I'd like to know the following-

• How is the printer connected to the computer?
  • Is there any antivirus software installed on your computer?
  • Is there any error message on the computer or the printer?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help!  I'm still working on it. The first thing I want to check is if both printers are on my wireless network. They both show steady "blue" lights, which indicates connection to a wireless network, right? The wireless Test Results for the 4510 state; ATTENTION  The WPA security passphrase on your HP  printer does not match your wireless router setting.then in SOLUTION it says "Run the "Wireless Setup Wizard" to  re-enter your wireless network WPA security passphrase.  I can't change the passphrase, it belongs to Altice's router They gave me the network they control the  passphrase and the password. I can re-enter the same password and the same passphrase but I don't think it will work, because I was particularly "picky" about putting it in correctly and checking my pass word for accuracy, because it is so hard to do on the 4510.  But I will try it once again! Are numbers acceptable in a passphrase?  My pass word includes numbers but I can't remember if numbers are permissible in a passphrase.  If I remember from Windows  previously, You could pick a phrase to use . Both printers are connected to the computer wirelessly and i do have anti/virus on my computer. I re-entered the password and it works on the network but i am still getting Black pages in "Print and Scan Dr. Is my Av causing the black outs I tried disabling it before and it didn't fix it.  Maybe I was doing it wrong. Probably,  I cause myself more problems than I fix.  Thanks again for your help.  I don't have any error messages on printers or computers.

HP Recommended

@pmgravy

I recommend you delete the driver and root level and retry, follow the steps below: 

1) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 

2) Select your HP Printer 

3) Select Uninstall 

4) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 

5) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’ 

6) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo. 

7) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe”

😎 Click on the “Drivers” tab 

9) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 

10) Select Ok 

11) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows 

12) Close Devices and Printers.

Use this link to download and install the new driver. Configure the printer and try printing.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks again, TEJ6102.  I am now more confused than not!  All sorts of stuff has now happened! Is there a conflict between "HP Smart" and "HP Easy Start"?   " HP Smart" keeps freezing my computer up when I try to "add  another printer to the already existing 4510. I have to use "task manager" to exit HP Smart!  I also had "HP Easy Start" running when computer froze up.  Both printers have been setup & both are on the wireless network now . So I think I'll ignore the HP diagnostic software and use my computer for a while.  By the way, I'm not confused about your instructions. I was able to follow them very well except step 9 when I clicked on "Remove" another window opened up giving me a choice I didn't know how to answer.  Did I want to remove "drivers only" or" drivers and packages" I selected"drivers only"and everything seems OK So Thanks Again.

pmgravy

HP Recommended

@pmgravy

That's great! Happy to hear that.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.